Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I have the stock, Non-shaker radio, and was curious where the subs for the shaker system go and if i could put a pair in if there were the spots for them?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
The ones in the Doors are 8", I dont know how much you have been around stereos, but 8" subs are limited. They make some great mid to low fill in, but if you want punch you need atleast a 10" with a 150W amp.

YOu can replace the 8"s and wire in a seperate amp if you really wanted to, but its goign to be a tedious task.

THe Sub pictured above is in the stock location of the larger subs for the shaker 1000.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I am very much informed of Stereos...i have at least 2 subs in all my cars but the stang...but anyway, i happen to have an 8" Kicker Comp VR, which is a 1200 watt sub. Brother gave it to me :). But yeah, i wanted it to look stock, thats all. So there are 8" in the doors. That is good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you didn't get the Shaker system, then the 8s don't come in the doors. The speakers behind the door grill are 5x7s. They mount 8s below them on the Shaker systems.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Fstback65 said:
What compnay did that come from and what are the specs on it? Price?
It came from crutchfield.com , and is made by the Scoche Co. You can get it with, or without the driver. I purchsed mine without there driver, and put in a Boston 12" DVC G2. The enclosure is 1.2 cubic feet. The price was $139.99.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts