Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an amplifier and a subwoofer and placed them in the trunk. To stop the subwoofer from moving around I put velcro on the bottom of the subwoofer, however it bounces up and down taking the carpet and the piece of wood on the bottom of the trunk with it does anyone have any solutions to this problem?????

·
Registered
298 Posts
well you can have a box made for the trunk. or you can get some metal L-shaped brackets and screw the box down to the trunk mat

·
Registered
323 Posts
L brackets work great I made my own out of some steel plates I had laying around and I bolted them down the body its not going anywhere now

·
Registered
442 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
115 Posts
I used to have the same problem but it's fixed now. I used resistance bands (the kind you use to exercise). The velcro on the exercise band for your hand is tied around the rear metal upper frame inside the trunk, and the whole band is wrapped around the subwoofer box between the subs. I use velcro underneath too, and it helps, but it will do a lot more once the box is no longer rocking back and forth. Be very careful not to damage your spare if you use L brackets as the screws can puncture it.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Drill holes through the box and through the trunk floor and bolt it in with 1/2" bolts. Good luck getting that to move.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just drilled some holes through the trunk floor. I used other methods and when i got agressive with my car i could hear the damn thing flying across my trunk. Bolted it down and it never moves now no matter how rough i drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.