Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I drove my Mach this afternoon .And the driver side window won't go down,this has never happened before in the nine months I have had the car ,anybody else have this happen, and how did you fix it ?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
uhm this hasnt happend to me in my car yet. but. it sounds like the motor controlling the window. you should be able to access it by taking the door panel off. your car shoud still be covered under warranty and im 95% sure that the motor is under warranty. check it out and take it to the dealer

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you check the fuses?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
^^ i think the other window wont work eaither. im 90% sure both the windows work off the same fuse.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys guys,Fm2k I have not checked the fuses yet but the passenger side still works. Also my car is not still under warrantty is it?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
idk check your warranty papers and see if it's still covered im pretty sure the power window motor is covered. but if not just take it to the dealer and get a price on how much they want to have it fixed if not buy a haynes manual and do it yourself

·
Registered
461 Posts
Before you go buying a motor you should check the switch first. They are notorius for going bad. Mine would do it and usually it was the rear passenger window (I have a vert) that would act up. Hit the switch with authority with you finger, kind of like the way you would when you're pissed at the computer/keyboard only hold it there. If that doesn't work swap the switch assembly with a known good one--say from a buddy's car. It takes all of 15 sec to remove the switch from the door. I've actually dissasembled a switch assembly down to the bare bones to clean up the contacts, haven't had a problem since and that was 3 years ago. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
try that first ^^^

·
Registered
504 Posts
yea my 88...on the driver side controll panel my pass window goes up and down.......but on the pass side controll panel it only goes up..i think it just the switch..the pass side motor works fine

·
Registered
461 Posts
If you look, you'll see on the top edge of the plastic piece the switch is mounted in, there is a slot to pry down on. Just use your fingers to pry down on it and pull out. Don't manhandle it since the plastic locking tabs could break. Ease it out and you'll see how the switch is secured. Very simple! GL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.