Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, here's a quandry for you...:scratchchin

We have a '65 200 - 6 that's been in the family for 20+ years, but sat up for the last 10 or so. We have recently done a front end disc brake swap-out (v8 style) and replaced the rearend with a 9" from a '67. Got new Rims/Tires, and found out that our leaf springs were bad. We replaced those, and put new shocks on all 4 corners. The new Heavy Duty leaf springs did a great job, and lifted the rear nearly 4 inches. (Looks sweet with 205/60/15's on the front and 255/60/15's on the rear!) However, I am noticing that the passenger side rear is 1 1/8'' lower than the drivers side, Measuring on a level surface, from the ground to the center of the wheel well.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can remedy this? Its really not a problem until you have passengers in the car, and then the rear tires rub a bit on the passenger side when you turn etc..

I have thought about Rolling out the fender wells, which should help with the rub, but not with the height difference.

Hopefully someone can shed some light for me!

·
Registered
616 Posts
You will have to work out why it is different.
Are the springs not set the same or is there some other difference between one side & the other.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It sounds like there is a problem with your new springs. I would hope you would fix the problem and not ruin the car by rolling the fender wells.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upon further review and careful measuring, the issue looks to be with the body, not the springs...

The passenger rear quarterpanel looks to have had quite a bit of work done, and will probably need to be replaced before I get it fixed... darn it all..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could always tweak the suspension a little to hide it.
Ah! That's what I'm looking for... :bigthumbsup
How on earth would I go about doing that? :scratchchin

Are there any products on the market that will give me an inch or so boost? As I mentioned before, I have recently done new Heavy Duty Springs, and Shocks... Possibly some sort of fill plate between the Leaf springs and Spring mounts???

·
Registered
616 Posts
You will probably have to do a one-off, it's not really a standard or recomended mod. Just do something that can be changed back when you are in a position to fix it properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts