Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Finally have a little extra cash for some new rotors and pads... just looking for some suggestions on brands and where to buy.

I'm thinking of going with slotted rotors and hawk street pads.

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
ECB pads and stainless steel lines will improve braking, no need to buy new rotors if the ones you have are ok/within spec

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately my car saw the New England winter this past winter... between the salt and the e brake freezing (more than once) the rotors need to be replaced. thought about getting them resurfaced but i've been told that the hot spots can't be machined off.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
ok, then yeah, a good time to upgrade, personally I have drilled rotors on all my cars..mostly because they look cool...you can score deals on Ebay...Brembos, etc

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just picked up an entire set of slotted/drilled rotors and ceramic pads for around $160 from an e-bay store (Brake-Motive, or something like that) for my 04. Someone from this forum (can't remember the name, though) has the same ones and loves them. I also know someone from my Mustang club that has them as well, and also loves them... no issues at all. These are the ones I bought.

Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors Ceramic Pads Front & Rear | eBay

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've heard a lot of bs about drilled... not that my car is a track car, but i tend to drive hard all the exotics and built cars out here in vegas

thanks for the heads up redneckpunk

·
Registered
154 Posts
No problem. The first thing that swayed me to them was their approval rating. The recommendations from the guy in these forums (99-04 area) and the guy from my club was icing on the cake. I think the rotors are Powerstop, but the ceramic pads DO say Powerstop.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I as well went with a set from them(Brake Motive)and have no complaints.For the price there worth it. There a dead on fit.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Brake Motive

I have seen them and they have a good rating as stated above.
But never seen a post or opinion other than E Bay.
I have a question on the ceramic pads are they good for over 100mph? Say if you pass on the HWY and need to slow down back to 70 good results?

T Wayne in Iraq

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I have seen them and they have a good rating as stated above.
But never seen a post or opinion other than E Bay.
I have a question on the ceramic pads are they good for over 100mph? Say if you pass on the HWY and need to slow down back to 70 good results?

T Wayne in Iraq
I would say yes. Don't believe Hawk would rate them as a "performance" pad unless they know they'll perform well on performance cars.

Hawk Performance Brake Pads: Performance Ceramic Brake Compound

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Hey all,

Finally have a little extra cash for some new rotors and pads... just looking for some suggestions on brands and where to buy.

I'm thinking of going with slotted rotors and hawk street pads.

Thanks in advance!
If you're looking for a good street performance setup, then the Powerslot Slotted Rotors and Hawk HP pads is a good move IMO. I added this to wifes GT Vert a few years ago and made a noticable improvement over OEM.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I just picked up an entire set of slotted/drilled rotors and ceramic pads for around $160 from an e-bay store (Brake-Motive, or something like that) for my 04. Someone from this forum (can't remember the name, though) has the same ones and loves them. I also know someone from my Mustang club that has them as well, and also loves them... no issues at all. These are the ones I bought.

I will be getting the set from the as well soon. Did a lot of googling and only found people saying good things about them, which usually people only post to complain. The price is amazing too. As far as drilled being good or not, there's a lot of people arguing on both sides. I personally wouldn't care if the rotors were drilled or not, price/performance is my main concern.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
I'd recommend Hawk HPS pads with Hawk Quiet Stop rotors. I just put them on my 06 GT and they made a day and night difference.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Decela rotors & hawk pads

I recently put Baer decela rotors (drilled AND slotted) and Hawk pads on my 08 vert to upgrade the oem brakes. Very pleased! Very quiet and stops well. Also the zinc washed rotors look awesome! I hate the rings of rust inner and outer the oem rotors had. Saw rust rings on oem rotors on an Escalade the other day. 70 grand and they don't even have rust proof rotors! I parked next to a new vette the other day and he only had drilled rotors on front brakes. Mine are slotted & drilled front and back. If you want the cool look and good performance without braking (sp.) the bank also on a "big brake upgrade" the combo I installed is highly recommended:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With with the Power Slot Rotors and Hawk pads... they've been great. And they do work very well slowing down from 100+ to 70. They've got my support going forward.

·
Registered
320 Posts

I have these and they work and look great!!! as long as yours is just a daily driver like mine. Brake Motive will ship them fast too. Ive used them a couple of times

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have DBA rotors, and Hawk pads. They bite like crazy!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts