Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed on a few occasions if I have the windows up and the ac on, when I gas the car I'll get a sulfur smell. I know that smell comes from the cat converter but why would it be traveling through the engine compartment. Do you guys think this is something else? Anyone else experiancing this? Is it worth it to take it in? I only have 2500 miles on it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have noticed on a few occasions if I have the windows up and the ac on, when I gas the car I'll get a sulfur smell. I know that smell comes from the cat converter but why would it be traveling through the engine compartment. Do you guys think this is something else? Anyone else experiancing this? Is it worth it to take it in? I only have 2500 miles on it.
normal, a few posts about this, mine does it as well.:hihi:

·
Registered
459 Posts
You can take your car in to make sure your motor isn't running too rich. I generally have no issues with this smell and I have more than 20k miles logged.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine does this also. It must be something with the AC on cause with it off, I can't smell anything.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
As I have dogs whenever I notice something smelling funny I always check my shoes first... JK! :hihi:

So far I haven't noticed this. It's been so humid I've been keeping the AC on recirc though, not sure if that would make a difference.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
would be akward if you had a girl in the car and the cat converted started making the smell.... "no i didnt fart, it was the car" ... "sure.... w.e you say" ....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will take it in just to see what it may be. I also have a break squeal that I would imagine would have been gone by now, so I'll just have them give it a once over.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will take it in just to see what it may be. I also have a break squeal that I would imagine would have been gone by now, so I'll just have them give it a once over.
My car has that smell too on occasion. Just with the AC on.

It also has Brembo's and they squeal sometimes, due to a bit of glazing. Just brake hard from highway speed and friction will burn that off.

F

·
0 Posts
Hi gian,

Glad to hear you are going to work with your dealer to get this looked at. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to message me with your VIN, contact info, mileage, and dealer so I can help.

Deysha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.