Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i have said earlier i am searching for a affordable tire when i swap over by december ill Deep Dish 10.5X17 on back so i am curious i have narrowed it down to 2 tires unless some one finds me a better tire that isnt more than like 180 each...

this is first one

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=135ZR7HTRZ&fromCompare1=yes&place=6

this is the 2nd one

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?sw=false&cs=315&pc=40203&rd=17&ar=35

Keep in mind i have a daily driver.\
Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have the Sumitomo HTRZ 2's,cost alot more than the HTRZ's but I love them.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am running right now the HTRZ IIs also all around .. fronts have like 55% left and rears are around 90 maybe 85 %
so when i get new tires fronts are going in attic ... deflated... lol. and rears are going to front.

but just curious what would be better deal performance to... cost...
Sumitomo is what i am leaning toward

·
Registered
108 Posts
If it was me, I wouldn't use a drag radial for a daily driver. I have the Nitto Extreme Performance 555's. If you want Nitto's I would go with these, I also think these are more comparable to the Sumitomo's that you chose. Not sure if they come in the size you want but, it's worth a shot. Just my .02!

·
Registered
436 Posts
i'm with sweet01gt on this one here.......i wouldnt recommend a drag radial as a daily driver....i have the Nitto 555's and they are a great tire.....i have had the stock gatorbacks, Pirelli P7000's and the Nittos and they are by far the best tire i have run........would recommend the Nittos....i think that if u get the Nitto 555 and not the 555R's, it will be cheaper.....
my .02

·
Registered
32 Posts
if you had all the money you wanted to spend on tires and it wasnt a daily driver id say get the drag radials, even if you babied those drag radials you probably get 10 - 15k miles out of them and i think you could probably get 20-25k out of the nitto 555's (i run kuhmos so im not too sure) and the price is hands down for the sumos or 555's not the drag radials

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.