Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never knew that even the same # injectors could be different sizes... when my injectors were too fat for my intake I called summit and they told me that they should fit and I had bought the right part(I thought they gave me the wrong ones) then they told me to call trickflow and see what was up.. I called trickflow and they told me that Summit was wrong and their intakes were designed for frpp injectors(or similar size).. After this I noticed that summit has the diameter size listed for each injector and most brands are the same size...so what is the point of having injectors that are of a wider diameter? why arent they all the same?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
That, I couldn't say. I agree though, injectors should be the same size regardless of brand. So the Summit injectors DO NOT fit the TFS intakes?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I forget the terminology, but the later model injectors have a thinner body. The electrical and fuel rail connectors are identical. So is the base that goes into the manifold.

My guess is that TFS just started to not machine their intakes to accept the earlier and larger body injectors.

A big mistake IMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.