Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a month’s absence I returned to the track Sunday in an attempted to win a Wally. Well not even close. I double entered in Pro and Street. Got 3 time shots and went into round 1 of Pro ET.

I ran a 14.318 in the last time shot so I decided to hold a few and dialed a 14.33. Got a 10.40 opponent and felt good since this is the limit of me being able to judge on the top end of the track. Went in and left first and my opponent got an instant win light. I went red. I ran the car out the back door to get another “time shot” for the next class. I ran a 14.316. Other car was .055 on the tree and ran a breakout 10.389. I took stripe by .0534, which is ½ a car length. Ok was a very winnable race. Onward and upward.

Kept the 14.33 dial and went into first round of street. This opponent was a 1 ton diesel truck dialed 15.43 with 2 Raceway Gold win stickers on the window. Staged and hit my spot on the tree. Ok no red lights here we go. I caught the truck just after the 1000’ marker and stabbed the break pedal several times, took stripe by .0625, which is a little more than ½ a car or tuck length. Got the win light. Time slip showed that I was .016 on the tree and ran a 14.394 on the breaks. I used the 1000’-1/4 split time from my Pro elimination time slip and calculated that I would of run a 14.320. Truck driver had a .167 RT and ran a breakout 15.405. Ok that’s better next round.

Drew another points racer in Street round number two. We both prefer the right lane and after loosing the coin toss I moved into the left lane for the first time that day. I kept the 14.33 dial to his 17.0. Staged and hit my spot and once again the win light came on the other side of the track. Another red light loss. Ran the thing out and took strip by a car and a half. Mustang ran a 14.307 in the left lane with my .-011 red light. Again opponent gave me a big window by cutting a .045 light and running flat out to a 17.052.

Regrouping for next week. I need to take .020 out of the car’s launch. I have a few thing left in my bracket racers bag of tricks to try. Still was really nice to finally get out to the track again.

R

·
0 Posts
looks like the time off caught up with you....

well you knocked off the rust ......

you will give 'em hell next week.....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like the time off caught up with you....

well you knocked off the rust ......

you will give 'em hell next week.....:bigthumbsup
Rust is an understatement. My 3 time shots were junk. Actually pretty funny how bad I fubared. Plan to take some RT out of the car by using 1 foot to launch. Going from the brake pedel to the gas with my right foot should buy me .030 to .040. I can then pump the tires up to get back down to the .020 RT's I'm looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.