Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple.... I wanna put a sunroof in my mustang... Is it worth it and how much? I have always thought that sunroofs looked cool in other cars with curved roofs, or is that just me?

·
Registered
396 Posts
It is worth it if you really want it and will always use it. All they do is cut a hole in your roof though and then drop the sunroof down in. If they dont do it the right way though it can cause many problems in the future when it rains.....

Good luck and if you get it done make sure you get it done right.

·
Registered
704 Posts
yeah there cool and very unique since its never been offered, there are a few people on here with them though

R

·
0 Posts
My car has an aftermarket sunroof, and it most certainly hasn't leaked. Perhaps in the future, but there's no trace of any problems at this point. It was on the car when I bought it w/24k miles (at 46k now), so I have no clue how much it cost. I can tell you that it's from a company called Webasto, and that the model name is Hollandia 300. This appears to be the homepage for it. Mine has the same button as that second YouTube vid on the side there, for the 312 version.

I'd be willing to pay $500 for one of these, but no more then that. It's just a window in your roof that you can look through and/or open. It might be cool if there was stuff outside worth seeing, but I live in AZ... All that's out there is the sun, and I get plenty of that elsewhere.

I've never really taken pics of it specifically, but these show it in some form. Hope they help:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
The kits are out there but I haven't seen many. Is it worth it? That's up to you. I think they are cool and would look good, but I wouldn't want to spend a large sum of money just to have one

·
Registered
167 Posts
You know, I have never thought of putting a sunroof in a Mustang. Of course putting one in ours would present a heck of a challenge! :winks

Maybe its just me, but when I think of mustangs, the sunroof thing just does not "fit".....coupe or vert.....but no hole in the roof. Guess I would have to see one in person and sit in it to know for sure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
'T' top mustang? On second thought....no, if I want a 'T' top I would have stuck with a Camaro:nogrinner!

Later,

·
Registered
227 Posts
'T' top mustang? On second thought....no, if I want a 'T' top I would have stuck with a Camaro:nogrinner!

Later,
There were a rare few T top mustangs back in the old fox body days... I think it was 86 and maybe another year or 2... It wasnt a terrible idea, though I like the glass roof option they put on in 09 also (too bad mine didnt come with that....)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts