Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what to get i heard the new 44's are good but do i want to go with the original 40's, some please help with some tech.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
The 44's are the most aggressive muffler that flowmaster has. The 40's aren't far behind and are a good choice either way, I think they will sound good.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't know what to get i heard the new 44's are good but do i want to go with the original 40's, some please help with some tech.
I had the American Thunder Kit on my 06GT but my old ears and nerves got tired of them. I removed them and have them in storage and put my OEM mufflers back on with my headers and off road X-pipe and it sounds great to me. The American Thunder set has the original 40 series mufflers, I think, and the chrome 4" tips. I'd let them go fairly reasonably, I think about $200.00 plus shipping. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get a camera.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Neither. Mac Flowpath all the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have purchansed a Mac Prochamber already, i have not installed yet, i am awaiting picking out mufflers, why the Mac Flowpath?

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Because they sound way better than Flowmaster. Coupled with a Prochamber, you'll have a real nice low rumbling idle and a rip snorting roar at WOT. If you're not looking for something obnoxiously loud, it's not the setup you want though.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
You got the Mac Prochamber already, so mine as well go with the flowpaths:) Either one will do and you can't really go wrong.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I say 40s always sounds good

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay so i've done some research, i'm going with the Mac Flowpath but holly cow they are expensive i found some with part # TK2546 they are stainless with 4" rolled angle cut tips but the price is like $349, does anyone know, were i can go or how i can go about getting this setup for cheaper, i haven't had time to check out ebay yet, and i haven't found anything on craigs list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.