Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know the two topics don't go together. I'm sure most of you remember that I was trying to swap an AT for a manual and other sundry items but finally decided to make the 03 V6 a daily driver. I put duals w/H pipe, CAI, and SCT tuner on the car and really love driving it. Let's face it, it's a hell of a lot cheaper (but not as much fun) as the Shelby.

I walked into this guys Mustang shop today and talked to a guy that works on tuning Mustangs for Saleen, Steeda, and other after market Mustang vendors and mentioned the super 6 site; he said the super 6 stuff isn't worth the money? I'm sure it wouldn't make the V6 a Saleen but has anyone really used the super 6 stuff and what were your results. I'm not looking for another Shelby ... just something that would get people attention as something unusual.

As for the suspension, I dropped the car with H&R sport springs and kept the stock struts/dampers. I really love how it looks and it handles much, much better. Having said that, there seems to be a little bounce when you hit those highway dips at 70mph that makes the car do this little bounce. It's not much mind you but enough for me to wonder how to stop it. Any suggestions as to what to use for struts/dampers?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Super six stuff is top notch in my book. Both me and my father are good friends with Mr Yentzer. The motor that is in my car is a super six motor. Yes its expensive and Yes there are other companies out there that do just as good.
ponyboy had another great suggestion for someone you can contact.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link on AM. I should have just gone there first and asked but it's nice to have a reminder. AM recommended the Tokico's. Anyone running those??

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Speaking from someone who has had stock, and HCI combos on a 5.0s, it was noticeable how it shifted the powerband up. If I were dropping that kind of coin on a V6 I would go turbo for the torque gains... esp in the mid RPM range. Also since turbos like gears around 3.27-3.55... it might help freeway mileage since you said this is a DD.

I have the Tokico blues with their matching springs on my fox and I love it. I am not positive, but I believe the blues are similar to the Tokico Bullitt setup. Huge improvement in handling but not too low and not too stiff. I'm not an expert on matching spring rates to shocks but I think it should work out well.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info on the turbo and the shocks. I haven't really looked into turbo's but this gives me a good reason to do so. Being retired gives me all the reason in the world to just look around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts