Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introducing the Super Amazing Disappearing Coolant Trick!
Take 50/50 coolant and add them into your coolant system and watch as you keep having to add it periodically. then put in a moroso hiflo water pump, griffin radiator, new radiator cap and 2 new thermostats and watch it do nothing.
ok enough of that.
i also did a pressure check and all 8 cylinders hold equal pressure. my exhaust is neither blue or white. my oil is not chocolate milk. i don't see any wet spots in the engine bay or underneath where i park. i previously found what looked like stabs with a knife in a couple of my hoses; so i inspected and replace all that were stabbed, stiff and dry rotted. i added clamps to some hoses that were not clamped down. my overflow tank does not have a hole it it. my passenger seat is not flooded with coolant. one slight probability would be the coolant system pressure test which had a really slow leak, but the pump i used was crappy and didn't really seal over the radiator too well. little did i know when i bought the car, it had green and dexcool coolant together; so i had it flushed twice. i got green only in there now. the AC doesn't work, but i think i just need to add more freon. the heat AC works fine.
i'll check the spark plugs and i got some UV dye. i'll post what i find probably late friday. in the meantime, is there any other suggestions?

G

·
I have a small leak where the upper hose meets the radiator. It usually doesn't get wet, but when the engine heats up and the coolant begins evaporating it steams out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the upper hose that meets the radiator was one of the hoses i replaced. i also replaced the little ones near the thermostat, the ones on the back of the upper manifold and i think the lower radiator one too. i also don't notice any steam when the engine warms up. the stock dash temp gauge reads about 1/4 way up (i'm not sure which line it is off the top of my head) consistantly after i put the water pump, rad, thermostat and flushed it.
how would i go about checking the heater core for a small leak?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
You may want to try bypassing your heater core to see if it's not going into there.

G

·
I replaced my hoses too, and it didn't stop it. You can kinda hear it whistle for a minute after you turn of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.