Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a powerdyne superchager 9 lp of boost and want to know whats best for it a 331 or 347 stroker what works best

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think the charger would work better on the 331 , one needs to take into account compression ,gears, and setup

·
Registered
621 Posts
It really depends on how you use the car, how the car is set up, and how the engines are built.

Without knowing that it is impossible to answer.

Often one thing limits the rest. For example the setup could eventually be horsepower limited by the blower size in the ability of the blower to pass air volume, not by the engine displacement or strength. In this case extra displacement would only reduce blower pressure. You could have the same power despite less displacement, and wind up with better economy and longer life from having a stronger engine.

It really requires knowing about as much as picking a cam.

When my engine blows, and it probably will, I'll stay with a shorter stroke. This will provide a much stouter bottom end, longer ring and bearing life, and better fuel economy. I'll just take the blower up to it's horsepower limit, which will be the same if it has 330 CID or 450 CID.

If it was naturally aspirated, I'd go for maximum cubes. Not with a blower.

Tom

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Both engines will work fine with the Powerdyne. Power will be similar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.