Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2005 v6 mustang. I am planning on adding duel exhaust, a Cold ait intake, and tuning it. With just that being done would there be any engine damage from installing a super charger kit?

·
Registered
442 Posts
well if you get a sc its gonna replace the cold air kit so if you wanna save that money for the sc do it. as long as you get a good tune after you install the sc and dont drive everywhere redlined your motor will hold up fine

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
you wont wanna boost to high with a stock bottom end. you have to upgrade the fuel system and dyno tune it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If you plan on putting out big numbers you will probably need new injectors, spark plugs, and maybe forged pistons. I'm thinking you will be adding more air so you will need more fuel... then you will need a better plug to ignite the mixture... and then new pistons so they don't break under the new power... is that right?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
well if he keeps it on low boost hell be fine as the bottom end holding up. he will have to upgrade the fuel system, colder spark plugs, to avoid detonation, and, the most important, a dyno tune, also make sure you have a good free flowing exhaust. id run it at no more than 7lbs. read up on how much power that stock bottom end can handle and dont go past that. also, is your car manual or auto?

·
Registered
515 Posts
if you just adding a SC, dont go over 8 psi of boost. most kits come with a tuner, injectors, like ProCharger. The cold intake, don't even buy it if you going to buy a supercharger. They come with their's. Its custom made to fit a certain way. In my opinion... also spend the extra and get an intercooler, this will yeld a few more ponies and help keep your engine cool. with power adders, it heats up the engine a lot quicker. Also, if you are putting in duals etc. Go ahead and buy some shorties headers. Get all the power and looks while you at it. About the same price you where going to pay for a cold intake, just buy some headers. Plus its easier to replace them since you are remaking your exhaust system. Good luck and congrads on the project.:winks

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have 133,000 miles on my 2006 Mustang 4.0 V6. For 103,000 miles it has been running an X-Charger with around 330RWHP. I am running between 11-12lbs of boost. With a proper tune there is now need to upgrade the fuel system at this level as the fuel pump duty cycle is well within acceptable limits. The bottom end and pistons have also proven to be able to handle up to 400RWHP with Turbo applications without issue as long as properly tuned to totally avoid any detonation which will destroy the 4.0 in short order. At that level of power a Boost-A-Pump upgrade to the fuel system is all that is required as far as the engine is concerned.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have 133,000 miles on my 2006 Mustang 4.0 V6. For 103,000 miles it has been running an X-Charger with around 330RWHP. I am running between 11-12lbs of boost. With a proper tune there is now need to upgrade the fuel system at this level as the fuel pump duty cycle is well within acceptable limits. The bottom end and pistons have also proven to be able to handle up to 400RWHP with Turbo applications without issue as long as properly tuned to totally avoid any detonation which will destroy the 4.0 in short order. At that level of power a Boost-A-Pump upgrade to the fuel system is all that is required as far as the engine is concerned.
That's beyond NICE. Great infor.. so I stand corrected, on the boost.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
What Nice Pony said.

Stock bottom end. 11-12lbs boost. No prob with mine either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts