Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking into supercharging my 2001 Bullitt, soon i will be installing Hitechs stage II cams, What my question is about is, I need to know everything That I need to do to my engine before supercharging it, So my engine can actually handle being supercharged, and not mess up on me. And How good are Kenne Bell Superchargers? Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I have a Kenne Bell, it works great and makes a ton of power at any RPM....you will need to upgrade your fuel system if you run more than about 6 psi...you really don't need to do anything to your motor if you keep the boost at a reasonable level.
Not sure if those cams are really made for supercharging...I'd get Comp blower cams if it was my car.
Make sure you get it dyno tuned before you test out the new hp
And to be true to myself I have to say by the time you spend all that money you could sell your car add all that mod money and buy a Terminator and have so much more.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Kenne Bell, it works great and makes a ton of power at any RPM....you will need to upgrade your fuel system if you run more than about 6 psi...you really don't need to do anything to your motor if you keep the boost at a reasonable level.
Not sure if those cams are really made for supercharging...I'd get Comp blower cams if it was my car.
Make sure you get it dyno tuned before you test out the new hp
And to be true to myself I have to say by the time you spend all that money you could sell your car add all that mod money and buy a Terminator and have so much more.

Ok thanks for the help.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I recently put a 9psi intercooled kenne bell 2.1l on a totaly stock 02 gt conv and it is hands down the best thing you can do to these cars. It will drive likes it stock and gets better gas milage but when you step on the gas at any rpm the power is right there. When it was dynoed we had a 3 1/8" pulley on it which made 10.8 # of boost and it made 409 lbs tq to the wheels. I now have the 3 1/4 " that came with the kit and 9.8 # pounds of boost to keep it safe and this was on a bone stock gt.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently put a 9psi intercooled kenne bell 2.1l on a totaly stock 02 gt conv and it is hands down the best thing you can do to these cars. It will drive likes it stock and gets better gas milage but when you step on the gas at any rpm the power is right there. When it was dynoed we had a 3 1/8" pulley on it which made 10.8 # of boost and it made 409 lbs tq to the wheels. I now have the 3 1/4 " that came with the kit and 9.8 # pounds of boost to keep it safe and this was on a bone stock gt.

So I have another question, I plan on soon installing hitech stage II cams on my 2001 Mustang Bullitt, If I put the exact same supercharger that you have on my Bullitt, Would that be ok, what do you think???

·
Registered
308 Posts
your gunna want cams that are designed for a blower, hitech stage 2 cams have valve to piston clearance issues and are designed for naturally aspirated mustangs, the kenne bell will make you plenty of power so i would just go with a small blower cam to add the extra power your looking for

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your gunna want cams that are designed for a blower, hitech stage 2 cams have valve to piston clearance issues and are designed for naturally aspirated mustangs, the kenne bell will make you plenty of power so i would just go with a small blower cam to add the extra power your looking for
Ok do you have any good suggestions on a good blower cam? And can I install those cams and then install the supercharger at a later date, and be ok?? And I am looking for a pretty aggressive Idle, is there a set of blower cams that will give me this??

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Don't take cam advice from a forum...call Comp and tell them your setup and desires...they know best what to sell you.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Oh I was also wondering can you give me the link to the websight you ordered your Kenne Bell from, if its not a problem, possibly to the exact one you have. And when you ordered it does it come with everything you need or did you have to purchase other items to complete the installation???

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
Oh I was also wondering can you give me the link to the websight you ordered your Kenne Bell from, if its not a problem, possibly to the exact one you have. And when you ordered it does it come with everything you need or did you have to purchase other items to complete the installation???
Do a Google search for Kenne Bell.
You're going to be able to max out the horsepower your stock motor can handle with just the supercharger, depending on the supporting modifications (fuel pump, injectors, MAF, blah blah blah...)

What I'm getting at is that putting cams in the car is really just wasting money unless you're going to build a rotating assembly that can handle more than 400 hp safely.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do a Google search for Kenne Bell.
You're going to be able to max out the horsepower your stock motor can handle with just the supercharger, depending on the supporting modifications (fuel pump, injectors, MAF, blah blah blah...)

What I'm getting at is that putting cams in the car is really just wasting money unless you're going to build a rotating assembly that can handle more than 400 hp safely.

Well to safely do the super charger and the cams what would need to be done to my car ???

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
buying a built rotating assembly.

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
This ^^^^^

Pull the motor out and rebuild it with forged internal parts that will be able to handle the horsepower without bending rods and exploding pistons.

I mean if you're really set on having a cammed car, then put cams in it. Just run low boost so you're not exceeding about 400 hp.

But I don't really know why you'd want to do that, aside from having a car that sounds cool. Or maybe you don't like money.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Everyone likes a car that goes thumpita thumpita thumpita....:shigrin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts