Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up everybody, I have a mustang v6 supercharge with a procharge. At the beginning when I installed the kit the sound was so loud that you can hear it like a block away, but now is not making that sound. What make is the sound of a supercharge but not produce the sound of a turbo that was making at the beginning. Any help will be appreciated.:wavey

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
What’s up everybody, I have a mustang v6 supercharge with a procharge. At the beginning when I installed the kit the sound was so loud that you can hear it like a block away, but now is not making that sound. What make is the sound of a supercharge but not produce the sound of a turbo that was making at the beginning. Any help will be appreciated.:wavey
The Procharger is relatively silent. you shouldn't hear much noise.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering if there is nothing i can do to the procharger, so can sound loud like before?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
not really, the only way to get that whine would be to put a roots style supercharger on.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
lcurle said:
not really, the only way to get that whine would be to put a roots style supercharger on.

Nah, it has to do with the gears.

It was probably installed wrong the 1st time, causing some gear gnash.

if you get a centrifugal unit with straight cut gears, you'll have the whine.

If you drive a lot, you'll appreciate teh helical cut gears, and the quietness.

Also if you're racing for slips. You don't want to give it all away, do you?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy who put it on is a friend of mine so he didn’t charge me anything …….but I really want it to sound as loud as possible, just like when we installed.

You cant complain about something when its free.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
The guy who put it on is a friend of mine so he didn’t charge me anything …….but I really want it to sound as loud as possible, just like when we installed.

You cant complain about something when its free.
If it's loud, it's going to die soon.

Those are the gears grinding.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what should I do? I want it to make some noise you know like a turbo, just like before. However I don’t want to destroy it either.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Rodstang01 said:
So what should I do? I want it to make some noise you know like a turbo, just like before. However I don’t want to destroy it either.

The gear whine is friction, which will cause you to lose power and efficiency.

If you want that, you'll have to go to a less efficient SC unit, like a cheaper Vortech with straight cut gears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.