Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm a newbie to Mustangs, and I'm certainly not a mechanic, which brings me to this question. While cleaning out my air filter the other day, I noticed that the passenger side valve color was discolored by some type of fluid. It appears to be slightly greenish and viscous, and there's just a little bit of it. I'm taking it in to be looked at, but I'd like to hear any ideas as to what this might be. The fluid seems to be coming from either a bolt that is threaded directly into the valve cover, onto which a conduit mounts, or maybe from under one of the plugs...it isn't quite clear, but what is clear is that I feel like my pony has lost power over the past few days.:headscratch:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that's the case, how serious is the fix?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. (7,000 miles) I'm lucky I went with the Roush Super Charger. I'd be out of warranty if I went with any other brand!

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
He said it's on the valve cover. I woud think it's a coolant leak from the blower.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your input guys. I'll be taking her in for a check up this monday when she gets back from the bodyshop (I'm giving her the roush treatment :D). I'll be curious to see what they find. I certainly hope it's not too big of a problem.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Thanks for your input guys. I'll be taking her in for a check up this monday when she gets back from the bodyshop (I'm giving her the roush treatment :D). I'll be curious to see what they find. I certainly hope it's not too big of a problem.
What are you using for coolant in the intercooler?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.