Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im new around here and I was looking at purchasing this really nice v6 mustang, its a 98. I'm wondering if this car will be respectably fast and keep up with some v8's.....I'm looking for a fast mustang and this car caught my eye....What do you guys think of this? Is it worth buying or should i go with a GT/Cobra? Heres a list of the mods done to it..

3:73 Gear Ratio with Positraction & 1.25 Rear Wheel Spacers​

H-Pipes, Flowmaster Exhaust, High Flow Catalytic Converters, & Cat-Back Conversion kit​

56mm Throttle Body, Vortech Cold Air Intake, Shorty Headers, & Underdrive Pulleys​

Vortech Supercharger​

MSD Ignition Modules with/ Laptop Hookup

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
New2Racing said:
Hey guys, Im new around here and I was looking at purchasing this really nice v6 mustang, its a 98. I'm wondering if this car will be respectably fast and keep up with some v8's.....I'm looking for a fast mustang and this car caught my eye....What do you guys think of this? Is it worth buying or should i go with a GT/Cobra? Heres a list of the mods done to it..

3:73 Gear Ratio with Positraction & 1.25 Rear Wheel Spacers​

H-Pipes, Flowmaster Exhaust, High Flow Catalytic Converters, & Cat-Back Conversion kit​

56mm Throttle Body, Vortech Cold Air Intake, Shorty Headers, & Underdrive Pulleys​

Vortech Supercharger​

MSD Ignition Modules with/ Laptop Hookup

yeah, it'll be respectable fast, and keep up with the GT's. you may want to consider swapping heads and intakes for a 99+, and getting a good street cam without much overlap at higher RPMs. But you've got the big ticket items out of the way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
kscoyote said:
yeah, it'll be respectable fast, and keep up with the GT's. you may want to consider swapping heads and intakes for a 99+, and getting a good street cam without much overlap at higher RPMs. But you've got the big ticket items out of the way.
If he went split port he'd have to do a different Vortech pipe unless they swap those out for free which I doubt. Split port would make your engine flow a LOT better though like ks said.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
v6fordmustang95 said:
If he went split port he'd have to do a different Vortech pipe unless they swap those out for free which I doubt. Split port would make your engine flow a LOT better though like ks said.
The front accessory drive will be the same, the inlet pipe may have to be swapped out or modified . . .

You can make more power than the split port heads with a 5 angle port and polish on the 98 heads, but you'd have to worry about head gasket failure on the pre-99 heads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.