Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all just wanted to know how many of u guys are running superchagers with stock bottom ends

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I don't have one yet(my federal refund is looking like it may already have that purpose though) but when I do get one I'm planning on running a stock bottom end and a relatively stock engine as a whole-until it eventually burns up from the high mileage already on it. Superchargers add so much power you'll kick the krap out of 99% of everything out there even with a pretty stock powerplant.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
the stock crank should be good for a safe 10psi 450hp

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am, until something breaks. I already started saving for a forged shortblock, but I hope mine will last a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Im puttin down bout 420rwhp/435rtq on stock bottom end safely. Also saving for forged shortblock hopefully next summer, just cuz im addicted to boost haha. Everything runs fine on the car tho, about 440-450rwhp is bout the breaking point.

·
Registered
189 Posts
its not the crank or the rods that will go first....the cheap cast junk pistons ford puts into the gt is the first problem...some one should tell ford they should offer a forged option on the gt's...bet they would out sell the reg internals cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.