Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local mustang shop, took a mechanic for a ride trying to listen for an exhaust leak, he told me not to worry about it for now, but to fill up my s/c with more fluid, bought a bottle, put it in, needed more, bought another bottle, started leaking out of the front of the s/c when i tightened the screw where i put the s/c fluid in. Had to go somewhere, smelled a funking burning cooking smell, was hoping it was the ford exploder infront of me, nope, pulled over, popped my hood and found this load of crap.

S/c fluid everywhere, like it was coming out of a hose and shot everywhere out of the middle of the pulley, look at the 2nd picture. It's a Saleen Series IV s/c. They said i'd need to buy a seal rebuild kit. Anyone ever done this that has one? Or knows someone that knows someone, whatever it may be, i need help, my car is now parked on base and isnt going anywhere until i fix the s/c.

Any help is better than no help.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I have the series two as well. You may want to contact Chicane and ask them about it. Never heard of that before. How many miles do you have in the car. I had heard you want to change it right around 20k Miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My GT just hit 40,000 miles, no clue when the supercharger was put on, i bought it with it already installed.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
did you perhaps put too much supercharger oil in it? it definitely is a seal of sorts but do you know how much oil was required and how much you put in? or what weight oil is required?

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
They do build up pressure and if you put to much oil in there, then i can see a seal letting go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.