Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting my self a kenne bell 2.1 non-intercooled,anybody got one of these kits?going to order tomorrow, cant wait :banana:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
if you can afford it go with the intercooled setup. forced induction creates a ton of extra heat and dont forget cold air is FI's best friend. you wont regret it, trust me.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i only have 4200 to spend and i need to get the kenne bell cold air intake still,could i use my k&n cold air?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
you most likely could. you might have to trim it down a bit but im sure you could get it to work.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Definatley put that Kenne Bell on there, but like mello said go with an Intercooled set up man, save up some more $$ itll definatley be more worth it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you aren't planning on running more than 8lbs. of boost, you can get away with a non-intercooled KB kit. Intercooled is always better. As for the spray comment, I ran a 100 shot on my car for over 4 years, loved it! But, a Kenne Bell has the same kind of low end torque that the spray provided, and the benefit of never running low on gas and having to refill the bottle!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i plan on running the stock 6psi for now,that should be fun for awhile :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
i wish i would have saved up my money. stupid me huh?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just placed my order,now i cant wait :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, I may be a little late, since you already ordered, but you should really get the intercooled kit. Also, tell them to remove the chip, since you already have the Predator (you need to have it custom tuned). You can also use your KN CAI, although they will want you to put your filter in the fenderwell.
Here's a picture of my installation so you get an idea of how it will look:
http://www.prwebtech.com/mustangs/send_installed.JPG

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what is there tune? and if i get their tune,could i just use the diablosport instead?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I believe their tune comes in an SCT. You either use that or the Predator. Either way, in order to get the most of it, you should have it custom tuned. After spending 5 grand, spend a few dollars more have it tuned.
A supercharger is a very good investment, performancewise. But there are a lot of other upgrades that become necessary at the power level you will be at. At the very least, you should upgrade your brakes and suspension.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It works. There was a lot of doubt about its supposed power limits because of the M112, but it is the plenumb design and efficiency that makes it work. If you look at the KB charger, it is "slammed" into the firewall, with a narrow intake duct, limiting air intake. This one sits a bit farther to the front, allowing a much larger intake plenumb. Lastly, it is a "roots" style blower which moves air by volume. In and out. A KB is a twin screw, which moves air in, compresses the air, and moves air out. So it is ALWAYS on. Expect a 10-15% loss in mileage. With a roots, expect a gain of 2-3 MPG when comparing it "apples to apples", same driving style.
In the Feb. Issue of Superfords Magazine, there was a pretty extensive write up on the kit and pictures of the install and before and after dyno testing. It actually had to be "de-tuned" to lower the torque, in order to make things last.

·
Registered
258 Posts
A twin screw supercharger generates less heat than a roots supercharger. It is more efficient. Thats why so many Cobra owners change their Eatons(roots) for Kenne Bells(twin-screw). Do some research, ask around, and you will get confirmation on this.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
A twin screw supercharger generates less heat than a roots supercharger. It is more efficient. Thats why so many Cobra owners change their Eatons(roots) for Kenne Bells(twin-screw). Do some research, ask around, and you will get confirmation on this.
You haven't looked at the new Magnuson designed products. Eaton builds the product, but it is a new Magnuson Design. The reason the Cobra owners changed, other then a good sales pitch, was the blower was size limited. An M112 (Gen 3 on the 03/04 Cobra's) is about 1/2 the size of a KB 2.1, so of course it makes more power. But with the new 3 lobe, 60 degree helix design, it has improved greatly. (now a Gen 5) That old "heatin Eaton" is a thing of the past. The new Magnuson TVS 1900 and 2300 ar also outperforming anything out there today.
We were the guys who did all the testing for the new TTI products, (see feb issue of Superfords) so after 2 years of testing, we have some realyy good data to compare.

Nothing against KB. Weve installed 100's of them as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.