Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choices choices. Next month I am buying my mustang. Im working the numbers trying to decided if I wana get a V6 or a V8 stang. Anyways im still looking over the performance possiblities of the 6 and ive got a couple questions.

Im looking at getting a 2003 or 2004 V6 automatic.

My first set of upgrades is going to be programer, CAI and exhaust. I know im looking at about 400 for the predator tuner. I know CAI will run me around 200ish. Now when it comes to exhaust things get a bit fuzzy so we will come back to that.

Once I have the basic big 3 done with it looks like I have 2 options. I can either do a mountain of bolt on stuff that will show moderate improvements across the board. Or I can get a supercharger. So the here is the pile of supercharger questions.

Inital cost? Im seeing about $3,500 for the Procharger kit are there cheaper?

Can they be found less expensive?

How difficult is installation?

With no other modifications how much psi boost am i looking at running?

With the 3 above mods and the supercharger installed what is an estimated hp/tq that id be looking at?

Also how will the supercharger affect gas milage?

Now if I were to go the supercharger route what would I want exhaust wise? Just a cat back system or would I want to replace everything including going up to headers, Xpipe on back?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
raklor said:
Choices choices. Next month I am buying my mustang. Im working the numbers trying to decided if I wana get a V6 or a V8 stang. Anyways im still looking over the performance possiblities of the 6 and ive got a couple questions.

Im looking at getting a 2003 or 2004 V6 automatic.

My first set of upgrades is going to be programer, CAI and exhaust. I know im looking at about 400 for the predator tuner. I know CAI will run me around 200ish. Now when it comes to exhaust things get a bit fuzzy so we will come back to that.

Once I have the basic big 3 done with it looks like I have 2 options. I can either do a mountain of bolt on stuff that will show moderate improvements across the board. Or I can get a supercharger. So the here is the pile of supercharger questions.

Inital cost? Im seeing about $3,500 for the Procharger kit are there cheaper?

Can they be found less expensive?

How difficult is installation?

With no other modifications how much psi boost am i looking at running?

With the 3 above mods and the supercharger installed what is an estimated hp/tq that id be looking at?

Also how will the supercharger affect gas milage?

Now if I were to go the supercharger route what would I want exhaust wise? Just a cat back system or would I want to replace everything including going up to headers, Xpipe on back?

you'll get a chip with the SC, so you don't have to worry about the tuner, unless you plan to change cams, etc. You WILL need a dynotune, but that's $100.

You also don't need a CAI with the SC, so you can put that back in the bank.

You can find them cheaper at RPMoutlet.com and www.GTRhipo.com.

Centrifugal SC units like the Procharger don't affect gas mileage much, as they don't blow very much below 3,000 rpm. As long as you stay out of the boost, your mileage won't change.

You WILL want a good exhaust.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Installation of the Procharger is easy. There's a lot of room in the 6 engine bay, and you don't need to punch the oil pan.

It takes around 4 hours or so. If you want to remove the unit for winter, it takes around 2 hours, and just remove the chip.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so if all i get initally is the exhaust and then SC it what will i be looking at vs the stock 190hp/200tq numbers?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
raklor said:
Ok so if all i get initally is the exhaust and then SC it what will i be looking at vs the stock 190hp/200tq numbers?
Actually, the 2003s have 193/225, the 04s have 196/227.

If you do go the SC route, all you need to do after exhaust is some port & polishing & a good street cam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.