Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have come across this for a 3.8l v6 mustang 99-04: "The kit includes Eaton Twin Screw Supercharger, Lower intake plenum, Injectors, Wiring, Intake gasket, 6 Rib Belt, Air/fuel Ratio Gauge, Boost gauge, Oil Pressure Gauge, Inter cooler and the piping" and i was woundering if it would really work on my car, and i havn't heard of anyone else have twin screws on thier 3.8l v6 mustangs? what should i pay for something like this to get installed and what gains should i expect to see? and wouldnt i need a custom dyno tune, or could i maybe get one downloaded that would work?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Does not sound like the person selling this knows what they are talking about.

An m112 kit will run you about 2800$

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was wondering if it would work?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
i have come across this for a 3.8l v6 mustang 99-04: "The kit includes Eaton Twin Screw Supercharger, Lower intake plenum, Injectors, Wiring, Intake gasket, 6 Rib Belt, Air/fuel Ratio Gauge, Boost gauge, Oil Pressure Gauge, Inter cooler and the piping" and i was woundering if it would really work on my car, and i havn't heard of anyone else have twin screws on thier 3.8l v6 mustangs? what should i pay for something like this to get installed and what gains should i expect to see? and wouldnt i need a custom dyno tune, or could i maybe get one downloaded that would work?
it's not a twin screw, and it's not intercooled.

technically you could install a TVS or a kenne belle (twin screw s/c's) onto a 3.8L split port, if you have the SSM manifold adapter plate.

and with any kind of power adder,get it dyno tuned, not mail-order tuned.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should i buy this kit for $780?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
should i buy this kit for $780?
you should probably do a little more research on this setup and decide if it's the route you want to take, before jumping in headfirst with that much money.

that kit does include a lot for $800, though...assuming it's all in good shape.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i actually bought this kit:
"I have the complete supercharger conversion for the Mustang 3.8 from the supercharger to the 30lb injectors to the jackshaft and pullies. I have 1 kit available and come with every single part needed to do the conversion including the SuperCoupe aluminum cylinder heads. with no mods except dual exhaust you can expect between 250-275hp and roughly 350-400lbs of torque, much much more hp with a few simple mods, but a GT killer in factory trim easily. On 99-04 cars the heads ABSOLUTELY MUST be swapped. " so do you think this one will work? he said he had it on his v6 stang:headscratch:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can anyone tell me if this will work on my car?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Well if its a supercoupe sc kit then you will have to change over alot. You will be goin to the old single port heads, and i just dont think it worth it. It will work, but def not worth the effort

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.