Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 V6 mustang... i want to get a turbo or a supercharger for it, i was wondering if there was any car out there that i could do a take off from... or what patrs i would need to build a custom kit. ( I dont really want to spend for then like 1500 for it) Also what would be better for it a supercharger or a turbo... I was thinking that i could buy a t3/t4 hybrid and then add the rest of the parts on to it...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Kmagn13 said:
I have a 2002 V6 mustang... i want to get a turbo or a supercharger for it, i was wondering if there was any car out there that i could do a take off from... or what patrs i would need to build a custom kit. ( I dont really want to spend for then like 1500 for it) Also what would be better for it a supercharger or a turbo... I was thinking that i could buy a t3/t4 hybrid and then add the rest of the parts on to it...
There are several companies that offer kits.

The best OEM adaptation comes from a Buick GNX, since ford copied GM's 3.8L . . .

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Kmagn13 said:
Supercharger kits are cheaper, involve less work, and are more reliable.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kscoyote said:
There are several companies that offer kits.

The best OEM adaptation comes from a Buick GNX, since ford copied GM's 3.8L . . .
If i got this one, how much modification will it take to make it fit the 2002 3.8L? also how much money will it take to do?, and last where could i pick one up?

·
Registered
82 Posts
ProCharger has some nice setups. they range from about $3,700 for the HO intercooled tuner kit with (5-7 psi) that will give you about 40-55% HP gain. then they have the kit for $4,050 Stage2 intercooled system with (5,7,9,11 psi) that will give you about %40-80 HP increase. Check out the website for procharger. :thumbsup

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
ProCharger has some nice setups. they range from about $3,700 for the HO intercooled tuner kit with (5-7 psi) that will give you about 40-55% HP gain. then they have the kit for $4,050 Stage2 intercooled system with (5,7,9,11 psi) that will give you about %40-80 HP increase. Check out the website for procharger. :thumbsup
you can pick one up for less than $3000 at gtrhipo.com, or a little more at RPMoutlet.com.

Shipping costs will probably make 'em about the same, unless you live in California, but then you've got to pay the sales tax . ..

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Kmagn13 said:
If i got this one, how much modification will it take to make it fit the 2002 3.8L? also how much money will it take to do?, and last where could i pick one up?
It would STILL take a pretty good chunk of change, you'd have to pay for a custom exhaust manifold, which can get REALLY pricey. The rest, I dunno, you can look on e-bay, I reckon, for GNX parts - They used to be pretty common, but the older the cars get, the more rare they become, and the more the OE parts cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.