Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Maybe I'm just tired or didn't notice. There isn't a FAQ for general reading up on Superchargers -- "what is it?" "what would you need outside of the kit" "any prep needed for the car -- i.e., brakes, suspension, etc" sort of pinned thread or writeup anywhere here is there?

I might be able to wade through google links for such a thing, but I tend to believe that AFM's members are pretty good and know their stuff darn well, so if anyone here has done an FAQ on the matter, it would be awesome to put it up here so those who are curious can just read the FAQ and get their information instead of asking the board over and over again.

It would also be really helpful to super-noobs (such as myself :D ). If there IS such a thing, and I AM so tired that I didn't notice it, pointing me to the article/FAQ/thread would be very much appreciated :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
696 Posts
there should be an FAQ around for it
googling what a supercharger is would be your best bet for how to learn what it does. Learning that will answer the rest of your questions.
First and foremost you'll be spending a few thousand dollars on one.

A supercharger is an air compressor that's driven off the belt of the engine. Pushing more air into the engine allows for more fuel to be put in which creates a stronger explosion which equates to more power.
You can just put a supercharger on and it will work, but you'll need a tune with it.
If you want to get the max out of it you'll need to upgrade your fuel pump, injectors, and MAF. All that will get you in the mid 400's.

Nothing else is necessary but if you want to have a more controlled car you'll want better tires because more power = more necessary traction. You'll want upgraded brakes for the control.
Cams, exhaust, etc. etc. will improve your performance. Your stock internals won't hold out above 450-500 whp for very long usually.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
First thing is first, suspension. If you didn't notice your car has major wheel hop issues already. Lower control arms and an adjustable upper control arm.

2nd of all like vash said...exhaust

new better tires won't really help until you get the wheel hop resolved. but it'd be the next step.

I think most kits come with everything you need, injectors and all that. If they don't come with a fuel pump, but the gt500 fuel pumps and be done with it. Most people will agree the boost a pump just adds complication. But thats a whole other arguement.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bigthumbsup

Thanks for the info guys. It always sounds like there's so much work to do if you're thinking of going with a SC, so I wanted to know if there was a single place with all the generally agreed on information in one place, just to read up on it. I'll also look around again (more carefully) for an FAQ. Great to know though, thanks once again!

·
Registered
80 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.