Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
944 Posts
check the classifieds, a guy is selling a direct bolt on supercharger for a 3.8 for 600$

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
This company makes the M112 kit and it's not cheap: Mysteed Performance: Making the Impossible, Possible.

And if you happen to find anything about the Morana one - it was just a prototype and would not work, there has never been a working one by Morana. I saw a build thread where a guy bought a Morana M112 adapter for a 3.0 Ranger and it was a disaster. Nothing fit right, belt didn't line up, only like 2 bolt holes lined up. Totally usesless and Morana wouldn't refund the guy. WTF

I didn't see a classified ad either. Just one for the Thunderbird SC M90, which you need the Supercoupe heads, intake manifold, accessory brackets, and a huge list of smaller parts.

R

·
0 Posts
You are going to need a $800-900 lower intake adapter from SSM to fit an M112 on a 99-04 plus a laundry list of other mods.

Quoting 232-K7
"heres a basic list of stuff you'll need.

SSM lower intake manifold adapter plate ($900)
Eaton M112
03-04 cobra plenum
03-04 cobra TB
03-04 cobra MAF
larger injectors
larger fuel pump
cowl hood with minimum rise of 3-1/2"
extra idler pulley for sufficient belt wrap
UDP's or oversized blower pulley to lower boost to around 6#
one outrageously long drive belt
a dynotune

with the M112 in place, you should expect around 250-270 rwhp when done/tuned properly.

i was considering this for a while and decided against it, mainly due to these 3 reasons:

1. the biggie: no way to intercool it.
2. 3-1/2" cowl hood. where's the sleeper effect ??
3. a roots blower is very hard on the internals of the engine, and, not as efficient."

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
can we report ads for a lie in the description??? that one deserves to be removed for a complete bs thing like that

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
It doesn't say direct bolt on. I do see them say that all the time on eBay. Common sense would make you ask yourself "bolt on to WHAT?" Unfortunately some of these inexperienced and uninformed V6 noobs get all excited because it's cheap and they fall for it.

The blower in that ad is worth 200 tops.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts