Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some suggestions.I have a 06GT with a Fang Performance Shaker hood on it.Would like to supercharge it but keep the hood and shaker.I know Saleen has one but but would really like a roots style one.What are my options?

·
Registered
182 Posts
You might want to post this in the 2005-2010 GT Tech section. Might get more response there

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think your only option for a twin-screw supercharger is to go with the Saleen supershaker to get the shaker hood. I don't know how you would be able to put a normal shaker system on any other roots style supercharger.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
a centri like procharger or vortech can do it for you, unless you don't want the centri style ones.

The Shakker is sweet but it does prevent a bunch of other mods

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what i thought,thanks for the feed back.Looks like i will have to go with a Procharger or a Vortech unless i want to spend 6K on the Saleen one.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I don't understand what the shaker is for. Does it give a performance boost?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Shaker is mainly for looks but it does have a Ram Air style to get air in faster. Not sure if that really helps with performance though.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The Saleen Supershaker is more performance than the regular CDC Shaker. A member did some dyno testing and I think he gained around 20rwhp with the Shaker. I have a CDC hood that looks almost the same as the Fang hood with shaker cutout. I think it looks great. While the Saleen isnt the most efficient blower you can get you can get around 600rwhp with a 2.8 pulley, longtubes and some cams and of course a strong enough shortblock. Im not 100% sure if the cutout in the Fang hood is in the same spot as my hood or the CDC Shaker location.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the Saleen Supershaker.

Here is a Picture of it.

Here are two Dyno Charts with it.

tigerhonaker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts