Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a buddy that is planning on getting a 04' v6 and he doesnt want to do exhaust, intake, etc. he just wants to supercharge it. i have heard of there being issues with superchargers on the 04's so i figured i'd ask around and make sure he doesnt do something stupid.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tex117 said:
i have a buddy that is planning on getting a 04' v6 and he doesnt want to do exhaust, intake, etc. he just wants to supercharge it. i have heard of there being issues with superchargers on the 04's so i figured i'd ask around and make sure he doesnt do something stupid.
Thanks for the help
I haven't heard of any issues . ..

You don't need an intake, unless it's an eaton.

he'll get more hp with dual exhaust, but he'll have plenty of time to do that.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh i know he'll get more hp if he does dual exhaust but he wants the street sleeper look. anyways somewhere i heard that the reeds 3.9 couldnt handle a supercharger and that they would need to be replaced

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tex117 said:
oh i know he'll get more hp if he does dual exhaust but he wants the street sleeper look. anyways somewhere i heard that the reeds 3.9 couldnt handle a supercharger and that they would need to be replaced
That's nuts. It's the same dang engine.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you sure? i was positive that they had changed the v6 for the 04, nothing big like the block but some little changes

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tex117 said:
are you sure? i was positive that they had changed the v6 for the 04, nothing big like the block but some little changes
Just the Bore size.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Whoever told you that there are problems supercharging an 04 is retarded.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well then i guess i'll have to tell him that there're no problems thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.