Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my friend gave me his superchips tuner to use in my 2002 mstang gt but its not letting me do anything my friend says it works on his 2003 and he thinks its cause my ecu is locked or somethng
can i unlock it?

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!! i do not have a tuner,yet,so i will let someone else answer you.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
usually when someone uses a tuner with their car it becomes "married" to that car's vin# making it non usable with any other car. As far as im concerned there is no way to unmarry the tuner + car. it was a great move by all the tuner companies but forces us to spend a few hundred dollars on one. from what i hear its definitely worth it and i actually have an X3 on the way.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
im not sure if they would be willing to do that considering if they can unmarry it for you then they lose another sale. but who knows it could be a $300 dollar phone call if they can do it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i have a superchips tuner for my 02 and once you use it on a car its locked to that cars computer. i dont know if superchips can do anything about that, but its worth a shot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.