Ford Mustang Forum banner

Surface rust on underside of car

640 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Txsc2216
SurFace rust on underside of car and on subframe connectors. What can I do other than wire brush, to get rid of the rust and make it look good
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Spray on bedliner or roll on bedliner?
There's a few products that are designed to neutralize rust and then provide a durable painted surface. Try Googling "POR" or "PaintOverRust", another one I bought before was called "RustBullit" .
I just completely redid a jeep wrangler frame that was rusted. I used this product from the home depot and put it in a pump spray bottle that can also be purchased from the depot. You should use a mask because I believe it has acid in it. It smells nasty but does the job.

8 oz. Rust Remover and Inhibitor-MR08/6 at The Home Depot

I then used a motorcraft product that's used to coat the windstar axle under a recall. It was about $28.00 a can and must be used in a little co2 paint sprayer to get a nice coat. It looked like a factory black matte finish.
See less See more
did you just coat the whole bottom and just spray it ? or did you spray it like you were spray painting something?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.