Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I was think that i would quite possibly turn my mustang into a rally car. something i can go out and have a little fun in the dirt with or even just better/more fun cornering...something like that. so the first step i decided to take was chassis stiffening and suspension. i know i want coil overs somewhere on the car. The question is, do i want them in the rear, or in the front... or if savings permits, all around? so if anyone has any advice or personal experience or wants to add their own ideas go for it. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
All around if you want a rally car, or even better handling characteristics. I have seen rally Mustangs and they confuse me but if you want to do it go for it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha yeah they confused me too but they seem pretty damn fun. And i was hoping someone would say all around haha, now the real problemis money.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rally cars need a LOT of structural work done. Especially when talking about a uni-body. To upgrade your suspension to take all the bumps and jumps of a rally course is extensive. You need more than coil-overs - you need resivour systems, fabricated k-member, fabb'ed control arms, linkages, etc... Rally cars are easier to build from scratch than from an exiting vehicle.

Or better yet, buy a truck frame and put a Mustang body on it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well yeah, I've looked into sway bars, swarr bars, c/c plates, k mambers, 8-point roll cages, strut tower braces, full length sub frame connectors, sub frame connector cross braces, and control arms. Pretty much anything to stiffen up the chassis and accompany the new suspension. it's gonna be a lot of work, im not doubting that, I was just lookin for a little advice on suspension options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.