Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of going with the either the Eibach Pro kit + or the Steeda sport or ultrlite springs with Tokico Dspecs - any experience and comments on either setup is much appreciated. I am sure handling is much imporoved, but I also want to know about ride quality.

thanks as always!!:worship

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the Steeda Ultralites in a box waiting for install. I went with them becuase of the price and the drop. I have been reading and seeing that they dont drop as much as the Eibach and I dont want to get new shocks if I dont have to.

Sorry that my post does not answer your question :eyepoppin

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also very curious about suspension.
I started out looking at Steeda, Eibach & H&R kits.
H&R I believe only has springs for my '00 v6. and I have heard the ride quality on H&Rs goes to crap, and since this is my daily driver, that's just not cool.
Steeda, I'd have to piece together my ideal suspension, they don't offer a package with everything I want (at least initially) and drop is an issue, as well as ride quality -- but I know less about Steedas than the others.
Eibach -- I would get Sport-system-plus and be finished! Ideal drop, and I've heard nothing but great things about Eibach ride quality.

Can someone confirm/deny any of this hearsay??

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
If I got to do it over I'd go with the FRPP kit hands down. If price was not a matter I'd go with what I have (Eibach Pro Springs, Eibach Anit-Roll Kit, Steeda Bump-Steers) and add Tokico's adjustable chocks/struts...

Somebody in another thread said that there is a full Eibach kit for less than $900! That's a deal! I think the FRPP kit is made by Eibach and is ~200 more...

With big wheels (I have 19's) and no chocks/struts upgrade it's pretty rough if the road is bad. Not so rough I regret it, and we have bad roads here... I think I'd be much better off with better chocks/struts. Handling is awesome, can't even begin to explain the diff! I think the Anti-Roll Kit did more for handling than the springs!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I went with the Steeda Sport springs (1 inch drop all around) with the Tokico D-Spec adjustable struts/shocks and the Steeda camber adjustment plates. I am very pleased with the ride and looks with no worry about speed bumps, steep driveways, or potholes.

Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts
I looked at the Eibach kit, the price is 849 but I don't think it comes with the rear sway bar. The best bang for the buck appears to be the FRPP kit, I am pretty sure I am going with that.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have the Steeda Sport Springs installed on mine. The drop is perfect as far as I'm concerned. The rear end doesn't like expansion joints such as going over a long bridge at high speeds as it feels like it pogos when the stock shocks are used. That being said my friend has the same problem with a set of Eibachs. I think if you only want to drop the car it's a pretty good way to go. The ride doesn't suffer, it looks good, and you lower your roll center a bit.

That being said, if you eventually want to replace the swaybars ect. there are much cheaper ways to go than Steeda since the front and rear swaybars cost $209.95 and $359.95 respectively.

I found that the swaybars gave me the most noticeable improvement in the handling department without any adverse effects on ride quality.

Before

After

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Tilt said:
Anyone install the Saleen kit?

T
Made by and same as Eibach but much priceer... so yes, I guess I have it, sorda... and like it! :winks

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have ridden in KJ's car, I like it. He thinks with the 19's it is a little rough but rides fine to me. This brings me to my point, it is all a matter of persepctive. You should try to ride in a few cars and talk to a few people before you make a choice. I have decided to go with the FRPP kit. It seems to be the best bang for the buck. I will probably add a panhard bar that has solid end links. It seems to really quell the side to side movement of the rear end.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
27 Posts
After much research (too hours and beers) I too am planning on going with the FRPP kit, my only concern is the move to the left of the rear axle and the kit doesn't include an adjustable panhard bar. Everyone that has dropped their car that I know of has noticed about a 1 inch move to the left of the rear-end and the only way to compensate is an adjustable panhard bar (BMR is my choice w/o end links).

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I went a little different, I went with a coil over kit from KW. The ride is really stiff and with 20 inch wheels, its kinda jarring, but the handling is awesome. I also went with subframe connectors, upperstrut bar, adjustable panhard bar. The nice thing about coil overs is you can adjust the ride hight up or down, mine is currently lowered about 3 inches and no spring kit can go that low. This is good when you want to go plus size on wheels.

KW is made in germany, and i think is owned by H&R.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
www.kwsuspension.com

they are in canada for us orders and they ship out of fresno. The cheapest kit is pricy, but its worth it for me, esp if you do road racing. $1400 plus instalation

1 - 14 of 14 Posts