Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
My ball joints need to be replaced as well as the springs, struts, and shocks.

From this place --

Eibach Pro-System Plus Kit

-- I can get that for the lowest price I've seen anywhere ($654.40). If I call to order I get another 5% off of the total and still have it shipped free of charge.

I was considering this purchase because my '94 Auto V6 is solely a daily driver and the package is complete and made to work together.

I will need caster/camber plates to adjust the alignment after the lowering/upgrade.

Should I also consider the Steeda X2 Ball joints and Bump-steer kit? I have seen suspension geometry mentioned and I wondered if those two items are a necessary or important purchase.

Additionally, should I consider Prothane's Total Bushing Kit?

Any advice about these things or suggestions are welcomed. I'm looking for some solid advice.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
My ball joints need to be replaced as well as the springs, struts, and shocks.

From this place --

Eibach Pro-System Plus Kit

-- I can get that for the lowest price I've seen anywhere. If I call to order I get another 5% off of the total and still have it shipped free of charge.

I was considering this purchase because my '94 Auto V6 is solely a daily driver and the package is complete and made to work together.

I will need caster/camber plates to adjust the alignment after the lowering/upgrade.

Should I also consider the Steeda X2 Ball joints and Bump-steer kit? I have seen suspension geometry mentioned and I wondered if those two items are a necessary or important purchase.

Additionally, should I consider Prothane's Total Bushing Kit?

Any advice about these things or suggestions are welcomed. I'm looking for some solid advice.
I personally like Eibach`s parts for suspension on the S197`S. I am not so familiar with the 94`s. What are your goals? That will help us to determine what would be best.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Goals

My goals are simple: to have a vehicle that handles well that I drive daily.

The Eibach setup will lower my car which can improve aerodynamics (a plus) and better the overall handling of the car but I'm not looking to build an autocross vehicle or corner carver.

My driving style is spirited at times but overall I just want something better than stock but also still comfortable, and that's why I think the Eibach setup may be the best choice for me.

Thank you for replying. Any advice is helpful at this point.

·
Registered
368 Posts
if u got the money i would say go for it. But you don't need to spend that much if you don't have alot of power. Get some good shocks and bigger 17 or 18 inch tires and you will be fine stock

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
if i were you i wouldn't get the eibach kit unless you want 1.5"+ drop, i know of a kit that has shocks/struts, lowering springs, and front and rear sway bars for 520 with no shipping and a 1" drop on you 94 stang
1994-2004 Mustang GT Bullitt Handling Kit - Home for your Ford Mustang
all you need is a set of bushings to go with it i think it doesnt come with any, get Polyurethane bushings, i think the cheapest place is AM but search around you never know lol

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
With what you're said above, I think a better and cheaper choice for you would be either the bullitt kit or the tokico blue shock strut springs package (I have this one). The bullitt kit is tokico also. I suspect that the bullitt kit might be identical to the blue kit (minus the sway bars) but don't know for sure. Blue kit drops it 1.25" and Bullit 1". The Eibach is a bigger drop and will have to be stiffer to keep from bottoming out.

You don't need to worry about bump steer unless it's slammed and or you're autocrossing it. With a slight drop the difference will not be noticeable.

If you want to keep it comfortable don't get the total kit. Keep rubber in the A-arms and the upper control arms.

Check the condition of all your existing bushings and mounts. The UCA bushings pressed into the rear end housing are common to go bad.

For the ball joins just get MOOG. They are as good as they get for aftermarket stock replacements.

·
Registered
725 Posts
In case you missed this in the Site Rules, here ya go. :bigthumbsup

"Double Posting:
Do NOT Post Flood the forums. Post your message to the MOST appropriate forum. Cross posting is a waste of time and valuable resources. If within a one hour timeframe from being posted, USE the edit button to change or add to your recent post. If you post the same message in multiple forums, your post will be deleted. "

·
Registered
559 Posts
Kit: I'm pretty sure you can get it cheaper if you order one part at a time...but I could be wrong.

Ball joints: you don't necessarily have to get Steeda ones. I'm sure there are cheaper options that are just as effective.

Bumpsteer: Some people hate it, some people love it. I personally don't like them, but if you are planning to lower the car I would recommend it. Theres hardly any use for them at stock height.

Bushings: Yes, I would replace all the bushings. If your suspension is shot, then more than likely the bushings are shot as well. Considering they are fairly cheap and you are going to have to replace them at some point anyway, I say go for it.

Do you plan on putting on some thicker sway bars or just leave the stock ones?

S

·
0 Posts
I hear what you're saying about getting a kit that has everything together to take out some of the guess work. That being said, for a daily driver the Eibach might be a bit much for you. You could have some clearance issues and it will be a stiffer ride. Maybe look into some of the other kits mentioned above. I nice drop can be aesthetically pleasing and handle better but you don't want your fillings popping out every time you go over railroad tracks lol.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't mind some stiffness. I think the stock suspension is a bit too soft. I'm not looking for the comfort of a Cadillac. My seats are pretty comfortable :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts