Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im now at a stand still on my build im trying to decide which ebiach springs i want either the drag launch or the sport. i have upgraded the rear control arms from the stamped steel to the tubular elite control arms from upr. the car is going to be street driving but geared more toward the track. any help with this stand still would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I set up my car for handling, but have driven in cars that have drag launch springs/suspensions. If this is your daily driver those 90/10 springs and front skinnies are gonna get old quick. Driving in the rain would be the best reason for not doing it. 2 of my car club buddies have already changed back to a stock type handling spring for the street. They are fortunate enough at this point in their lives to be able to have both type of cars. 1 for drags and 1 for street. Seriously consider the pros and cons before doing anything. Good Luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also there is this block of metal that bolts to the bottom of the diff i think it might be a weight but have no idea what it is or what it does. If any body knows what this is plz let me knw before i make the decision to put it back on or not.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
ok im now at a stand still on my build im trying to decide which ebiach springs i want either the drag launch or the sport. i have upgraded the rear control arms from the stamped steel to the tubular elite control arms from upr. the car is going to be street driving but geared more toward the track. any help with this stand still would be greatly appreciated.
You sort of answered your own question... You said the car will be geared more toward the track. If by track, you mean dragstrip you should use these:

1979-2004 Ford Mustang UPR Pro Series Drag Launch Springs by Eibach - UPR Products

But if you meant roadrace or autocross, these would be a better choice than the sportlines:

1979-2004 Ford Mustang V8 UPR Pro Series Lowering Springs by Eibach at UPR Products - Lifetime Warranty!

(I can PM you a 10% discount code if you want either of those)

also there is this block of metal that bolts to the bottom of the diff i think it might be a weight but have no idea what it is or what it does. If any body knows what this is plz let me knw before i make the decision to put it back on or not.
That was supposed to be some sort of vibration dampener that was tuned for the stock ring & pinion. They say if you've changed your rear gear you can remove the weight. I always remove them and have never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Race orientated vehicles are better all around IMHO and g's are addictive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts