Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering how much less an 84 svo is worth if it does not have the original engine and a larger turbo everything else looks 100% stock and in vg condition also does not have power windows .also what sort of vin number should it have if it is real . price to me and alot of other people seems a bit low at 4500.00 canadian.have not asked if engine is original yet or been in accident also it is an american car.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Depends upon where you live. I'd imagine they're pretty scarce in Canada. That's about the going rate for one in good condition here in the states. It also depends on the mileage. Having the original engine isn't as big a deal as having the original engine in say, a '67 Shelby 427 Cobra! SVO's aren't that collectable even though they were limited production. Take a walk over to www.svoca.com and they can run the VIN and give you all kinds of information.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
also does not have power windows
If it does not have power windows, locks and lack of AC, it is a Comp Prep model (somewhat rare)

also what sort of vin number should it have if it is real
It will have a VIN of 1FABP28T*EF******
28T donotes SVO and the E denotes 1984 MY

Take a walk over to www.svoca.com and they can run the VIN and give you all kinds of information.
The VIN search feature for the SVOCA site is only available to paid MEMBERS of the club and the privedges are not to be shared with non-members. With this said, you won't be able to look anything up over there, and unless you convince a MEMBER to violate the rules and possibly lose their privedges, you are out of luck.

An 84 SVO is known for brittle wiring in the engine bay, so look that over real good. $4300 US is a bit high with the current market unless it is in really good shape.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Main thing that matters, especially if your gonna sell it, is it have a 140cid or something based on it like a B&S version. Usualyy **** that benefits the car that up it's performance like bigger turbos won't hurt sales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.