Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The woodward dream cruise is this weekend(08/20/05), for all of you who don't know about it. It is suppost to be the biggest classic car parade in the world and it is held just on the outskirts of detroit on woodward avenue. This thing is huge with usually all the big 3 having displays. Well this thing is always on a saturday, but it is such a big deal to car people around here, it unoffically starts on wednesday. So I decided to go down woodward and check it out. It is almost bumper to bumper in the right two lanes and it is 2 days before the event with sweet rides everywhere. I finally get to the light were myself and a lightning are in the far left lanes. The light clears a nice patch of road in front of us. I didn't know he wanted to race, but I was ready if he did. Light turns yellow for opposing side and I hear him start to brake torque a little. I already have the nitrous activated. Light turns green, I only had him by a fender in first, second came and only to the gas filler lid then I had to lay on the brakes because of traffic. Alls I could hear was his supercharger whine. I was spraying and didn't get a length on him. A true quarter mile and I prolly would of gotten a couple. If i drove a truck, it would be one of those because that thing got down for how huge it was.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Lightnings are the fastest trucks (besides the srt10) on the road. The SRT10 is debatable.... It does have a higher top speed, if you don't reflash the L...

Check out www.f150online.com for more info on L's if you are interested. There are MANY in the 10 second club...:thumbsup

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When my mustang was stock and I went to the track. I ran in the left lane next to a srt-10. I ran a 14.26 at 99 mph, and he ran a 14 flat at 105. It looked mean, but it didn't impress me with that great of a time. I know you can count in wheel spin, but his trap speed is only a low 13 range.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My dads Lightning is highly modified and could take any SRT-10. It's a blact to drive something that heavy that fast.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Just for the record, I know the L os faster in the 1/4. I posted awhile back about a buddy at work that f'd up and traded his 02 L in for an 04 SRT10. He says the L is faster. Especially with bolt on mods, the SRT is toast.

My comment earlier in this post refers to the fact that the SRT10 has a higher "certified" top speed, therefore it gets the Guiness record for fastest truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.