Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 cobra and im taking the engine out and i am considering swapping in an 03 cobra motor and computer and maybe the 6speed tranny or 5.4 cobra r setup. im lookin to get sum input on either idea. im leanin towards the 03 setup since its easier to get and everything. are there any known difficulties with this kind of swap. ive been workin like hell and since summers here i want it together before winters over so i can get it tuned up for next summer. thanks.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
either will bolt pretty much in...you don't need to swap the ECU, the stock one can run either motor with a custom tune...the Termi motor is capable of much more power unless you add a supercharger to the 5.4...my next project is that exactly...a GT500 motor into my 96 with supercar blower
You can also consider rebuilding the motor you have with forged components and addding turbo...it would be as stupid fast as you wanna be

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man...............

Thanks man. i am actually plannin on rebuildin the motor from mine wit new internals and a turbo or supercharger i just dont know how far i wanna go with it and thought a slightly modded termi motor would be a good way to drive around while buildin up my motor lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts