Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a engine swap in my 86 mustang i want to know if i swap my engine out and put a cobra engine 5.0l do i need to change my stock tranny to fit it or would it jus fit the same tranny and do i need to get a cobra wireing harness or can u guys just let me know wat i need to swap a cobra 5.0l engine in to my stang

·
Registered
9 Posts
i can help been there done that

hyphyhighway said:
I want to do a engine swap in my 86 mustang i want to know if i swap my engine out and put a cobra engine 5.0l do i need to change my stock tranny to fit it or would it jus fit the same tranny and do i need to get a cobra wireing harness or can u guys just let me know wat i need to swap a cobra 5.0l engine in to my stang
just email me its [email protected] i can then give you a full list of what you need to detail, and help with some hints and tricks.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
It will bolt right up.

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
hyphyhighway said:
how much do you plan to use? the engine has the same basic roller block. The heads are a sep up. The lower intake fits perfectly, and if it is a 93, so does the upper. The 24#'ers will work well, but your cam will not work with the stock ECU. Check out the Oct/Nov Modified Mustangs, there is an 86 with the same basic engine in his 86 in that mag

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.