Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I don't have a SC as of yet, but I would like to get a sway bar that would not only fit most SCs, but also be great quality.

I have a stock 06 gt with a 2"cowl h0od. What should I get?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Sway bar or strut tower brace??

Reason I ask, is because I thought GT sway bars were good...

Edit: It would have to be tower brace, cuz sway bars don't get in the way of s/c lol.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
depends which kinda blower you get tbh. Edelbrock makes a STB that clears the E-Force, Chiane makes one that works with the Saleen. you can use MM to drop the motor for extra clearance to widen your options. there are lots of factors to consider however generally speaking, unless you modify something, it won't clear the blower.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'm really trying to tighten up the front of my car. More so on turns
Strut tower braces generally don't do much for that, even when they tie into the cowl. If they don't tie that in, they're pretty much worthless.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
If anything, might want to consider a stronger front sway bar?

I'm running a GT500 front SB and love it, but I also have a Steeda
strut tower brace...its like they said tho, more for looks than effectiveness, but I could tell a lil bit of a change.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Strut tower brace is for show not go. Checkout the added framing Ford put on the Boss ties the K member to the radiator support. Or the X frame they put across the rear seat pass through on the Boss LS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts