Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Cobra. Stock as far as I know except a CAI. I notice when im driving that if I go over a bump or accelerate that my back end will sway quite a bit. I can easily notice it. I had a 2002 GT and it never did that. I was wondering if it was because it is independent rear suspension or something else. Also when im driving I can hear a squeaking coming from what sounds like my front diriver side tire. It squeaks when im driving and squeaks faster as i go faster and stops squeaking when i apply the brake. The dealership checked all the brakes and said they were fine. One last question. When im driving and come to a stop and put the car in neutral I can hear a sound coming from the rear. Its very hard to describe. It is like a winding sound. But if I come to a complete stop and push the clutch in the sound slows down and eventually is quiet but if i let off the clutch it starts winding again. I need help PLEASE!

·
Registered
436 Posts
welcome to the site......i am not too familiar with the Cobra's IRS, but some things i would check are your shocks.....also, are u sure that the car is not lowered....as far as the noise from the front tire u might want to check the tie rod ends and maybe upgrade to a bumpsteer kit (u dont need this if the car is at factory ride height)...it also could be nothing....our cars get older and start to squeak......now the noise from the rear end is nothing i have heard of before and wouldnt know where to begin cuz i have an auto.....cobras have a different rear end cuz of their IRS, but if u push in the clutch and the noise stops and u let the clutch go and the noise resumes i would definately say its a drivetrain issue and needs attention very, very soon if not immediately....good luck and let us know what happens

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.