Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 F-150 with rebuilt 351w and many aftermarket parts and want to put this whole setup into a 1989 Bronco with a 302 already in it, and maybe put 302 into truck and sell. Can anyone tell me if the tranny will fit? Thanks for any input.
Donkers

G

·
Welcome to AFM Donkers... let's move your post here to the 5.0 gurus and see if they can shed some light.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
The 351 was an option for the Bronco. So the swap should be REALLY easy. Basically like swapping another 302 pretty much. Engine mounts will be the same, headers should be the same length, etc.

I'm not a Bronco guru at all, but seeing as how the 351 was an option for them it should be a very simple swap.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Swap should be easy but I think you will need to change the inj firing order I believe the 351 is the same as the HO firing

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
Physically, it'll fit. The headers will probably need to be changed as the height of the 351 is 1.3 inches higher, plus it's wider than the 302.

Accessory brackets will work, but you'll need to use the 351 intake and distributor.

Engine mounts will be the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts