Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ummmm.... how about being happy with what you have at your age. Do you know how many 16 yr. olds would kill to have a new GT regardless of tranny's?!? Save up and get you a CAI and tuner and your problems will be long forgotten! :bigthumbsup
Very true... I got a v6 when i was 16.... still super lucky i know. And i would have cut off my left nut for a GT... stick or not. Well good thing is all the money I saved for college isnt needed since i got a full ride so I bought my GT after all.... Stick

U know, U can always just use the 1 2 3 D method... I know they say it messes ur tranny but I drove my v6 about as hard as u can like that for 45K miles and it was perfectly fine. Its not the same as dumping the clutch and flying but it is a definate improvement and there is more control in ur rpms that way...

BUTTTT if ur tranny does by an act of god blow up doing that.... U never got the suggestion from me :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
I would give my left kidney Count your blessings and don't slap the hand that feeds. That's just my opinion.
this is quite true... I think the Left nut personifies the dire need of a Stang better :shigrin

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
HE'S A MIND READERRRRRR :bigthumbsupAnd he's right.
^^^ -1 me and at this point about + 55 u On the brightside maybe ill fail again tomorrow :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
yea just trade it for a stick shift.

i wouldnt drive a mustang gt with auto. id rather drive a mustang with a stick.

but driving a stick on a mustang is a different story. clutch is heavier than other cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have a 06 GT auto and was going to do the swap. the price new for the swap less install was $6800 and it was the engine harness, an ecu, a pcm, a tcm, a master/slave cylinder, all the hydraulic lines, a brake pedal assembly, a T5650, and a driveshaft. the clutch wasnt included, but youll need to get the whole shebang, ie the flywheel, clutch, and diaphram for a hydraulic throw out bearing. save the money and get a built auto transmission they're anywhere btwn $3000-$4500 and its straight plug and play if you keep the same stall. i got the tci 5r55s streetfighter and it hold up to some pretty high punishment. ill launch the thing at 2200 rpms and use the transbrake while engine breaking, and its doing just fine. even after four months of weekly runs down the strip. itll also take down a manual trans with close power just because of the shift points. a built auto can, and will, shift faster than a person can. plus people think my car's slow due to the fact its an auto and the look on their face is priceless after they race you.

imho, keep the auto. its good to 480whp (i blew out the stock one at 490 mid-tune, its at 540whp and 680wtorq on 93 octane) and the shifting on a built one is amazing. it was the best thing i bought, even more so than the blower.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yea im a lucky kid my dad got me it when i was 16 in a half

but i mean its a beautiful car dont get me wrong i just hate how he got me a mustang gt auto :badidea:
i wish i would have just gotten the v6 would have saved money and not felt so stupid for not buying a stick

i sometimes put it in neutral and rev the engine to hear the true sound it makes
but i guess ill just stick with auto for a couple of years and then make my switch :weeps

or try and talk him into getting me a 07 gt with like 15 thousand miles so ill save some money lol
:happyhapp Wow- I hope you at least ACTED more grateful when you got it...

Perhaps he was trying to save your life. Most the little kids I see driving nowadays are rarely JUST driving. They are texting, talking on cell, adjusting stereo, etc. All harder to do while you are shifting as well :so

Unfortunately, this goes for a lot of adults- but almost universal among kids.... They are seriously talking about raising the driving age to 18 (which is not crazy imo) - so Id enjoy what ya got....while you can.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
They are seriously talking about raising the driving age to 18 (which is not crazy imo) - so Id enjoy what ya got....while you can.
This is coming from someone who teaches incredibly expensive race track driving classes (road courses) and gets students that run from 14-60 yrs old, M-F and run the gammit of natural ability.

I am also the A hole who used to “steal” my Dads Porsche when he was out of town (a lot) starting when I was almost 15. I never wadded it up, a complete miracle.

I got my license suspended after I turned 16 within 3 weeks. I got a reckless driving the first day I had it.

I get to see from the outside the attitudes, skill levels, responsibility level and comprehension of circumstances of my students. I was also the poster child (literally) for not letting young drivers behind the wheel. Not because of skill, but because of responsibility.

18 years old should be the minimum age to get a drivers license and even once they had it there should be all sorts of restrictions until they are 20. A few restrictions I have in mind:

They can’t drive a car that has a HP/weight ratio higher/lower (depending on how you look at it) than 15hp/lb (Civic, focus, etc, etc, etc)

No more than one passenger in the car

Only allowed to use a hands free cell phone

No texting

Midnight curfew

Any ticket for a moving violation gets them an automatic 30 day suspension.

Second ticket gets them a 90 day suspension.

Third ticket gets them a suspension for 6 months.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
i havent got into an accident nor do i text while i drive i accually drive very safe and dont go past speed limit most times :scratchchin

my dad would not have gottten me this kind of car as my first car if he did not relise how responcible i am.:shigrin

But what do u guyz think about me trading in my car and getting a mustang gt with around 6k miles stick maybe an 07 or an 08

if i do this i should be getting the car with out paying anything more

or should i just stick it out and wait till i get a new one with a couple years of working

But the one im looking at is same exact car as mine just a year older with no problems and was traded in with 6k 07 black convertible i check the car facts on it and the owner did an oil change every 2500 miles and it looks from the pics he kept the car in great condition

i will be loseing money tho cuz i only have 3000 miles :( (i Drive an old 95 wrangler (stick) during the winter)

·
Registered
781 Posts
i havent got into an accident nor do i text while i drive i accually drive very safe and dont go past speed limit most times :scratchchin

my dad would not have gottten me this kind of car as my first car if he did not relise how responcible i am.:shigrin

But what do u guyz think about me trading in my car and getting a mustang gt with around 6k miles stick maybe an 07 or an 08

if i do this i should be getting the car with out paying anything more

or should i just stick it out and wait till i get a new one with a couple years of working

But the one im looking at is same exact car as mine just a year older with no problems and was traded in with 6k 07 black convertible i check the car facts on it and the owner did an oil change every 2500 miles and it looks from the pics he kept the car in great condition

i will be loseing money tho cuz i only have 3000 miles :( (i Drive an old 95 wrangler (stick) during the winter)
trade it in then and enjoy ur stick if it wont cost u anything

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.