Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on a different forum but though I'd give this one a shot too since people here seem to be fairly knowledgeable. I'm in the market for a new shortblock and came across this company that specializes in engines for mustangs, it's pretty close to where I live so I started talking to them about a new short block, and the rep suggested I go with a 351. It's the 5.4 iron block and he says the tranny will bolt up and the wiring harness will fit and can use the stock ECU, he said I'd have to get a new intake manifold though and I might have trouble with the long tube headers and the fitment. Would this be more of a hastle then it's worth? How would I get a manifold that would fit? I'd also like to bolt up my procharger to the new engine. Anyone have any experience with something like this? Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated. (BTW I have a 2007 GT)

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
He's talking about a 351 windsor motor. It's not worth going that route. Stay away from that. Give Mike at Livernois a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.