Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering how many other 12 SYNC owners are listening to Pandora? I've listened to Pandora for about a year on my PC at work, but never in the car until I bought my 12 GT. I'm using the "blue tooth audio" voice command to stream from my iPhone and it works well. Right now I'm listening to Pandora free, but considering paying for it to eliminate commercials.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you listen to pandora via your Iphone/Sync aren't you charged per data. I am inquiring because I recently purchased a smartphone and the AT&T guy said 2GB data plan was a lot. But, not enough to constantly stream on a daily basis. He suggest connecting via a wi-fi network. Well that is great If I am at home but not while driving. When you were at work did you connect via Wi-fi network? I am kind of new to the iphones & smartphones.

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you listen to pandora via your Iphone/Sync aren't you charged per data. I am inquiring because I recently purchased a smartphone and the AT&T guy said 2GB data plan was a lot. But, not enough to constantly stream on a daily basis. He suggest connecting via a wi-fi network. Well that is great If I am at home but not while driving. When you were at work did you connect via Wi-fi network? I am kind of new to the iphones & smartphones.
The AT&T iPhone plan I have is unlimited. In fact I think all iPhones with AT&T are unlimited? However, if I was on some other iPhone plan I assume you would be right in that I'd be charged for the Pandora data. Yes, while at work my pc is 802.11 N (wifi) to the corporate network. I disagree with the AT&T guy that said 2 GB is a lot. If you do most of your web browsing with your smart phone you'll use up 2 GB in a hurry.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pandora sucks IMO. I ditched it for Slacker years ago. Too many commercials and they kept repeating songs too frequently. I pay $4 a month for Slacker for unlimited skips, no commercials, and a good range of music AND comedy (which Pandora doesn't have).

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
ive used it a few times. the best is to watch youtube videos while someone else is driving.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The AT&T iPhone plan I have is unlimited. In fact I think all iPhones with AT&T are unlimited? However, if I was on some other iPhone plan I assume you would be right in that I'd be charged for the Pandora data. Yes, while at work my pc is 802.11 N (wifi) to the corporate network. I disagree with the AT&T guy that said 2 GB is a lot. If you do most of your web browsing with your smart phone you'll use up 2 GB in a hurry.
In the beginning AT&T had unlimited data for iPhones, but starting about a year ago, the best you can do is the 2 GB plan. :thumbdown

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pandora sucks IMO. I ditched it for Slacker years ago. Too many commercials and they kept repeating songs too frequently. I pay $4 a month for Slacker for unlimited skips, no commercials, and a good range of music AND comedy (which Pandora doesn't have).
Pandora does have comedy- I made a Jackie Martling station. Works well for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you use SYNC to listen to Pandora in your car?
I use the auxiliary jack instead of bluetooth, which tends to grind down the battery on my HTC Thunderbolt.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
HTC Droid Incredible using Pandora over bluetooth. Loving it! Especially since Q101 is off the air now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The iPhone on AT&T now has two plans, 200mb and 2gb. They used to have unlimited, which you could be grandfathered in to.

2gb would be okay for occasional streaming, but not everyday. You can check your usage on AT&T's website.

Now I believe on the 2012 Mustangs with Sync, you can plug your iPhone in to the USB port and use AppLink, which will let you use your steering wheel controls and voice commands for Pandora, as well as launch Pandora using voice commands. It must be plugged in though, it will not work using Bluetooth (skipping a track will, however, but not changing stations, etc...).

There are other phones that use AppLink as well, but I'm not entirely sure what they are. AppLink works for a couple of other apps to (like some Twitter client and something else that I can't remember).

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The iPhone on AT&T now has two plans, 200mb and 2gb. They used to have unlimited, which you could be grandfathered in to.

2gb would be okay for occasional streaming, but not everyday. You can check your usage on AT&T's website.

Now I believe on the 2012 Mustangs with Sync, you can plug your iPhone in to the USB port and use AppLink, which will let you use your steering wheel controls and voice commands for Pandora, as well as launch Pandora using voice commands. It must be plugged in though, it will not work using Bluetooth (skipping a track will, however, but not changing stations, etc...).

There are other phones that use AppLink as well, but I'm not entirely sure what they are. AppLink works for a couple of other apps to (like some Twitter client and something else that I can't remember).
You are correct in that plugging in allows use of Applink and full voice control with full data. The voice command "Bluetooth audio" only gives you the audio. No data and no control.

·
Banned
109 Posts
You can use Pandora, sirius app or any of the other streaming audio apps through the sync bluetooth very easily. All you have to do is hit your voice button and say bluetooth audio. Then wait for your built in music player to start playing from your phone. Then you go into that player and stop it from your phone. Then just back out and start pandora or any other app that streams music and it will stream through your bluetooth to the car. I do it all the time with my iphone to my 09 explorer and my 11 GT. No aux cord needed. The key is you have to get your sync playing the bluetooth audio from your phone, then go into the phone and stop the playback. Back out and start the app you want to stream to the car. Try it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You can use Pandora, sirius app or any of the other streaming audio apps through the sync bluetooth very easily. All you have to do is hit your voice button and say bluetooth audio. Then wait for your built in music player to start playing from your phone. Then you go into that player and stop it from your phone. Then just back out and start pandora or any other app that streams music and it will stream through your bluetooth to the car. I do it all the time with my iphone to my 09 explorer and my 11 GT. No aux cord needed. The key is you have to get your sync playing the bluetooth audio from your phone, then go into the phone and stop the playback. Back out and start the app you want to stream to the car. Try it.
Yes, but the 2012 has applink and you can fully control Pandora with voice commands. The 2011 does not have applink, so all that can be done via bluetooth is audio streaming and skip songs with the forward and back buttons. -Thomas

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts
I love Pandora! MLMike25 - I know what you mean about the commercial though. I'll have to check out Slacker, $4 a month isn't bad at all.

I had no idea Pandora offered anything besides music. Thanks for the heads up bghiggins!

Pandora does have comedy- I made a Jackie Martling station. Works well for me.
~Jaclyn

·
Registered
132 Posts
I love sync mobile apps!!!! pandora works great and I can see the song name/skip songs right from the steering wheel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.