Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this problem for a while and did some searching but was not able to find the fix. Seems like Apple changed the way Sync worked during an update... The problem is if you have an iPhone with your bluetooth turned on so you can make and receive calls through your car, the iPod player (on the phone) will automatically start streaming tunes via blue tooth. There is a setting in the Sync system to not 'autoplay' but that does not seem to work. This automatic streaming will use up your phone's battery quicker and it also seems to cause some 'noise' in the sound system and can sometimes be heard when using voice commands. This goes on while you maybe listening to a CD or the Radio. If something is plugged into the USB and that was last used, then it does not seem to auto-activate the stream.

It's just irritating and another example where Apple and Microsoft are not playing well together and the consumer is caught in the middle. Based on posts on Apples forums, this issue has been going on for a while now and all Sync systems are affected.

I erased all of my mp3s from my phone tonight.

Anybody else out there have an i-Phone (3GS) that is having the same problems?

G

·
0 Posts
Firstly I'm glad to see you are not blaming the car unlike every Mercedes Benz customer I get!
To the point, I don't have an iPhone but I do have a 3g bluetooth phone and everytime I leave the car and take my iPod with me and get back in the audio defaults to bluetooth audio stream. There is no music on my phone so it will just sit there doing nothing.
In the grand scheme it is a minor annoyance but I would also enjoy some kind of bluetooth audio lockout feature.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've had this problem for a while and did some searching but was not able to find the fix. Seems like Apple changed the way Sync worked during an update... The problem is if you have an iPhone with your bluetooth turned on so you can make and receive calls through your car, the iPod player (on the phone) will automatically start streaming tunes via blue tooth. There is a setting in the Sync system to not 'autoplay' but that does not seem to work. This automatic streaming will use up your phone's battery quicker and it also seems to cause some 'noise' in the sound system and can sometimes be heard when using voice commands. This goes on while you maybe listening to a CD or the Radio. If something is plugged into the USB and that was last used, then it does not seem to auto-activate the stream.

It's just irritating and another example where Apple and Microsoft are not playing well together and the consumer is caught in the middle. Based on posts on Apples forums, this issue has been going on for a while now and all Sync systems are affected.

I have an iPhone4 with 2011 GT /NAV and though I have not had my car on in a in a couple weeks (IT'S WINTER :p), I do not recall this issue. When did this problem begin?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have two 2011 sync enabled cars and they both do this. I've yet to find a way to remedy it. If you find a way, let us know!

·
Registered
985 Posts
My car never did while my Ipod was hooked to USB so maybe go get a flash drive throw some music on it. Plug it in and set it to play from USB.

Problem solved.

This should also allow you to then go to the radio and your phone should never bother you again.

*This is how it worked for me*

F

·
0 Posts
Hey guys,

This is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. You can contact our SYNC Support Team so they can troubleshoot your phone and give you next steps to resolve this for you. Their number is 800-392-3673 press 1 for English then 3. This should help.

Deysha

·
Registered
290 Posts
When I use mine via USB I cannot select a song in my phone... It locks me out of my music media and forces me to find songs by talking to sync

·
Registered
522 Posts
When I use mine via USB I cannot select a song in my phone... It locks me out of my music media and forces me to find songs by talking to sync
I think that this is expected behaviour. Similar things happen when I directly plug my iPhone into other things ("Accessory connected"). However, when I use the phone as bluetooth I can select the song via the phone (and sometimes the controls in the car, this varies depending on the angle of the moon)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have this problem as well. I have an iPhone 3Gs and when I connect it via USB but also have the phone connected via Bluetooth to make/receive calls bad things happen. I find that if I plug the phone into the USB before the car is started, then the music starts playing via USB UNTIL the phone is detected via Bluetooth. Once this happens the music switches to Bluetooth and if I try to change the audio source back to USB the track "plays" but with no sound. (It shows the track name and time but there is no sound.) So I end up having to unplug phone and plug it back in to get USB working again. It's pretty annoying.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
we've got a ver. 4 and a 3g2 hooked up to our car, mine is listed as the favorite, but they both work when we are in the car. It couldn't have been easier to pair them and the music comes off of them as well.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Have you tried closing ipod so it isn't running in the background? Only time my sync connects with the phone (for music) is when I'm in the car and haven't shut down the ipod.

I'm also running 3Gs

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you tried closing ipod so it isn't running in the background? Only time my sync connects with the phone (for music) is when I'm in the car and haven't shut down the ipod.

I'm also running 3Gs
Not sure on how to not have it running in the background. I don't have anything playing on it when I go to get in the car. The problem is it that the player automatically starts on its own and then it sends a stream over the bluetooth connection when it connects to the sync. I keep a DVD with my favorite mp3s in the deck, so that is what I usually listen too. After it connects to the phone, I need to turn off the ipod player. I have about 50GB on my dedicated ipod classic and the first time I plugged that device into the usb, it said it was "indexing" for about 5 mins. until I got tired of it and just unplugged it. I suppose I could resort to buying a bigger USB storage device and keep my current favs on that instead.

There must be some slight differences in hardware or software versions if you have the same phone and don't have the issue.

·
Registered
544 Posts

I have a 2011 Mustang and an iPhone 4, and that same issue is annoying me.
Based on some searches on google, it seems like a lot of other phones (like andorid phones) are having the same problem.
I called the customer service phone number that Deysha posted. And talked to the SYNC department. They said that if enough people complain about it then they will do something about it. So if you get a chance call them and let them know that you are having this problem.

I suggested that when it starts up it should do the following:

ConnectToBluetoothDevice();
if (currentMode != bluetoothMedia)
{
Bluetoothconnection.stopPlayingMusic();
}

hopefully the solution is as easy as that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts