Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some info for those who might encounter this or haven't been down this road...

I started getting an error message from Sync every time I started my car: "index is full. some songs may not play". This has to do with my iPod plugged into USB. I tried unplugging, resetting the iPod and a few other things, but nothing obvious would clear the error. Ford docs don't say anything about it. After a bit of forum and internet searching it seems to be a bug in the Sync software, which they were supposed to fix around October last year. Doing a master reset of Sync would clear the issue, but then it would also clear my phone pairing (that was no fun, so I don't want to do that again!). Other option, pull the fuse for the Sync and put it back in. WOW... what a PITA getting to the fuses is. The panel is behind the kick panel on the passenger side, under two flaps and a cover. No way to easily see around the corner to the fuses without getting on your knees and head down in there around the corner with a flashlight! Fuse 3 for the Sync did the trick though. Also a note, there's a nice place for storing spare fuses in the cover... but it's empty.:so I'm really glad I did this while it wasn't an emergency. I would have been really steaming to find all this out in an emergency situation. BTW... after putting the fuse back in for Sync, it took quite a while to fully reboot and come back online... maybe 5 minutes (and about half a dozen power cycles cuz I was sure I busted something!).

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Other option, pull the fuse for the Sync and put it back in. WOW... what a PITA getting to the fuses is.
Boy, no feces. I had to do this a week or so ago, when my system would not allow me to select the menu choice I needed. Getting at the fuse panel required some world-class contortions, complicated by the fact I'm still recovering from a broken left collarbone, but pulling and reinserting Fuse #3 cured my problem as well.

In the process I discovered that the dinky plastic fuse puller Ford provides is useless. I ended up pulling the fuse with a small pair of needle nose pliers; this thread reminds me that I need to buy another such pair to keep in the car.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I also had to do this a couple days ago, really reminded me why I got out of installing car stereo and alarms, there is just no freaking room in cars anymore or any consideration for accessibility. I also stopped using my Ipod and loaded all my music on to a micro USB drive, so far it has worked flawlessly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts