Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. If you use an HTC Thunderbolt you can get your phone text messaging to work on your Sync system. The catch is that you have to root your phone and install a ROM. It's called ThunderShed and is the Thunderbolt version of CyanogenMod7. I asked the developer to include the messaging access profile (MAP) in the bluetooth stack a few weeks ago and he did!

I tested it this morning and it works without a hitch. It reads incoming texts and it allows you to reply with one of 15 canned responses handsfree. The only annoying thing is that when you send a text from your car it includes "Sent from my Ford" with every text.

So, if you root and ROM your Thunderbolt you know the drill.

Please be sure to donate a couple of bucks to the guy for his efforts. Not only did he bring CM7 to the Thunderbolt, but he also hooked up Ford drivers.

Link: [ROM][CUST][1-1-2012] ThunderShed v1.1 | CM7.2.0-RC1 [android 2.3.7] - RootzWiki

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem. He seems to be on the ball. If you have any problems or suggestions for our cars be sure to let him know. I'm thinking about getting him to make an app for the AppLink system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts