Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw there was SYNC update available for my car so I downloaded it onto a flash drive, started the car, leaving it in park, then plugged in the flash drive and waited but nothing happens.

Has anyone else done this update yet? If so, what am I doing wrong? :confused:

CR3T-14D544-AC Version Gen1 - V4.0.2

This software update is based on your feedback and contains improvements to the SYNC voice recognition system. This means that SYNC will now have the ability to better understand your commands and act quickly. Please Read: This update will take up to 5 minutes to complete. Approximately 40 seconds after you begin the installation, you will receive an Installation Complete message. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE. You must wait an additional 4-5 minutes until you receive a second Installation Complete message before removing your USB drive. During this interval, while the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle engine is running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Your car already has 4.0.2. SyncMyRide.com doesn't have the update yet. 4.0.2 is the latest version I can download.

·
Registered
40 Posts
From the usability perspective, those are some gosh darn awful instructions. 2 separate 'installation complete' messages? Really?

Anyway, I wonder if you have to use the Source dial thingy to set it to USB mode for it to know that there is an update to install. Worth a shot anyway.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmmmmmm. I went to the syncmyride site and based on the VIN they told me this was an update, and that's the first time I'd ever seen that message.

I sent Jaclyn a pm but maybe she's on vacation this week. Once I find out what the deal is I'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Please do because I'd love to know when I'm getting it.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Curious, are any of the upgrades really worth the hassle?

Mines V4.0 think I will leave it be for now. I was slightly surprised today that it paired and worked perfectly with a LG Spectrum 4g phone that they do not list as sync compatible.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious, are any of the upgrades really worth the hassle?

Mines V4.0 think I will leave it be for now. I was slightly surprised today that it paired and worked perfectly with a LG Spectrum 4g phone that they do not list as sync compatible.
I guess we'll soon find out, this will be my first update, once I figure out how to do it. SYNC is working pretty good for me most of the time but the "improved voice recognition" it describes sounds like it might be worth it.

My little cheapie LG 800 g paired up great and connects instantly everytime I start the car. It wasn't on the list either.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I guess we'll soon find out, this will be my first update, once I figure out how to do it. SYNC is working pretty good for me most of the time but the "improved voice recognition" it describes sounds like it might be worth it.

My little cheapie LG 800 g paired up great and connects instantly everytime I start the car. It wasn't on the list either.
I have a Samsung Stratosphere (Verizon) and sync bluetooth disconnects the phone every day on me. I've tried everything; fresh pairing, reverse pairing, turning off phonebook downloading, turning off the music player on the phone bluetooth setting, etc. NOTHING works. It's not the phone because i connected the phone to multiple other cars for extended periods of time and it works perfectly. The Ford SYNC is the problem.

The only way i can stay connected is if i physically unpair and pair the phone every time i get in the car...which is very annoying.

I have to say that when it does stay connected, the version I have 4.0.2 works really well...its just not reliable making that 911 emergency feature completely useless.

Anyway, on topic, 4.0.2 is the latest version; trust me, i check almost daily. From what i heard from Jaclyn, a new version is not coming out anytime soon. You can download the "version checker" off syncmyride.com then plug in the USB and hit the install button. That'll confirm you have the latest stuff.

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm. I went to the syncmyride site and based on the VIN they told me this was an update, and that's the first time I'd ever seen that message.

I sent Jaclyn a pm but maybe she's on vacation this week. Once I find out what the deal is I'll let everyone know.
Hey, 412horses!

Jaclyn will be responding to your message shortly. :)

I have a Samsung Stratosphere (Verizon) and sync bluetooth disconnects the phone every day on me. I've tried everything; fresh pairing, reverse pairing, turning off phonebook downloading, turning off the music player on the phone bluetooth setting, etc. NOTHING works. It's not the phone because i connected the phone to multiple other cars for extended periods of time and it works perfectly. The Ford SYNC is the problem.

The only way i can stay connected is if i physically unpair and pair the phone every time i get in the car...which is very annoying.

I have to say that when it does stay connected, the version I have 4.0.2 works really well...its just not reliable making that 911 emergency feature completely useless.

Anyway, on topic, 4.0.2 is the latest version; trust me, i check almost daily. From what i heard from Jaclyn, a new version is not coming out anytime soon. You can download the "version checker" off syncmyride.com then plug in the USB and hit the install button. That'll confirm you have the latest stuff.
Do you have v2.3 on your phone, JCTurbo? Also, have you tried to connect with your Wi-Fi turned off? Some Samsung phones are tricky to get working!

Rebecca

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL... bump! :winks

So a 2012 GT with a May 2, 2011 build completion date... do I have 4.0 or 4.0.2?

·
Registered
343 Posts

So a 2012 GT with a May 2, 2011 build completion date... do I have 4.0 or 4.0.2?
4.0.2 I'd guess. My December 2011 build has it.

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts

I looked at your VIN, 412horses, and show you have 4.0. After you plug in your USB, go into the ADVANCED menu on SYNC and scroll until you see INSTALL APP. Press OK twice and it should start installing the update. If that doesn't work, please let us know.

Rebecca

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... for some reason I was thinking you just had start the car, leave it in park, plug in the USB and wait for the download to start automatically.

For anyone else who missed that too, some fella named Lance put together a great visual guide on how to install the update.

I'm gonna go give it a whirl right now.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4.0.2 I'd guess. My December 2011 build has it.
I'd imagine that late in the year your car was probably part of job 2. Did you get the adjustable head rests too?

I wish.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'd imagine that late in the year your car was probably part of job 2. Did you get the adjustable head rests too?

I wish.
Yes, they are adjustable.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... for some reason I was thinking you just had start the car, leave it in park, plug in the USB and wait for the download to start automatically.

For anyone else who missed that too, some fella named Lance put together a great visual guide on how to install the update.

I'm gonna go give it a whirl right now.
LOL, what a debacle. After Rebecca clued me in that the update doesn't start automatically and I founded Lance's step-by-step picture guide (link above) and I finally got 4.0.2 installed. The process sure does involve alot of button pushing. :laugh:

Funny how it tells you it's complete when it really isn't, then you have to wait for minutes four it to tell you again... it seems the technology would be in place to at least provide the correct audio cues. :heha:

·
Official Ford Rep
433 Posts
LOL, what a debacle. After Rebecca clued me in that the update doesn't start automatically and I founded Lance's step-by-step picture guide (link above) and I finally got 4.0.2 installed. The process sure does involve alot of button pushing. :laugh:

Funny how it tells you it's complete when it really isn't, then you have to wait for minutes four it to tell you again... it seems the technology would be in place to at least provide the correct audio cues. :heha:
Glad I could help! :shiny:

Would the instruction provided above be the same for SYNC with the navigation?
Hi, Stephencovar!

The in-vehicle experience will be a little different due to the screens, but it'll be the same menus. Here's the short version of the steps:

PHONE > SETTINGS > ADVANCED > INSTALL > YES

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been following this thread and last night logged into my sync account and installed the Status checker tool to my memory stick then followed the instructions down loaded the checker tool to the cars radio and then reported the install as successful in my account. My dealer helped me setup my sync account when I purchased the car new in Jan. 2011. The build date of my car is 11/2010 and my current Version is Gen1-V3.1 as listed in my sync account.

I do not see any new updates on my update sync page,( it is my understanding if there is an update it would showup there) so is there anyone that has a car built on or around my date that has a later version? I don't have Nav..

2011 GT with the Brembo option

John

1 - 20 of 20 Posts