Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a SYNC Vehicle health report notify Ford if you've installed aftermarket tunes?

SYNC says that Ford is only notified via the vehicle health reports of "urgent conditions". I've got to wonder if a timing advance, altered shift points or other mods would be considered out of range enough to be "urgent"

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Nah, only if there was an idiot light on at the time the report was generated. And even then only that an idiot light condition existed. Not what triggered it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't think it's a very smart system. Mine reported a brake/suspension problem because I ran it stopped with the parking brake on. Apparently all it does is alert you if any warning lights are on and if your oil change meter says it's time.

I was really disappointed in it. I thought I'd see all kinds of engine data that you'd normally need an OBDII scanner for. Instead it was even less informative than what I can glean from just looking at my dash.

I can't figure out what possible use it is except as a gimmick to advertise and sell cars.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
mine said there was a problem with the brakes/ABS because I set the traction control to advanced sport strack mode or whatever it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.